HybridZ

Stock 240z mirror for the passenger side?

Sideways

I did a search but couldnt find much, I rather like the design of the stock 240z mirror, but from what i can tell (and mine is this way as well), they only came on the driver side. Did/does anyone make or sell a factory-looking mirror for the passenger side? Maybe an import from a country of RHD cars or something?

I did a quick photo-chop of Austin hokes car (Hope you dont mind austin), just for a visual reference

Mirrors.jpg

A fast chop so sorry if its not that great, but this is def something id like to be able to do to me z. Anyone have any information?

Maybe this is a dumb idea, im not in the same state as my car to check this out however. Would it be possible to just flip the left hand mirror upside down or something and mount it on the passenger side? It dosnt look symmetrical enough to allow this?

You can use the mirror on either side. Pull one off a car and try it on the other side. The Mirror head will swivel to allow mounting on either side.

That wouldn't work, the mirror itself would be facing the wrong direction. I'm sure you can find some aftermarket roadster mirrors similar to the 240Z mirrors that have both a right and a left side.

You can use the mirror on either side. Pull one off a car and try it on the other side. The Mirror head will swivel to allow mounting on either side.

But is it symmetrical? The bottom (when on the drivers side) angle looks more obtuse and angles down farther then the top of the mirror (if that made sense)

naviathan: What do you mean facing the wrong direction? As in the bulk of the mirror would be towards the car, rather then away? Doesnt it swivel around up/down/in/out to adjust? Or do you mean something would be up with the angle of the mirror, even when adjusted?

That wouldn't work, the mirror itself would be facing the wrong direction. I'm sure you can find some after market roadster mirrors similar to the 240Z mirrors that have both a right and a left side.

Lets dispel this non fitting rumor. I've run mine this way over 20 years !I've done this to the 240,s.260,s 280;s etc.

I won't drive a car without both mirrors...just too used to them for safety.They of course aren't an amplified image like later model cars.....but since the housing is stamped thin stainless steel, one could get around this with some delecate glass grinding and swapping !

Cheers,Vinny

s hood_thumb.jpg