HybridZ

Replacing the radiator fittings with AN fittings

stony

found these, they're built for the purpose, but probably little small.

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=196,52,363_4418&action=product

as well as this brand that is not built for cars but they have welded inline mesh filters.

http://ejayfiltration.com/msan-fitting.html

Not sure if you'd want to put that for a radiator return though, sometimes it's easy to tell what's wrong with the car if you look in the radiator and check out what's floatin around in there. I'd say gasket bits and such, but I assume you're running metal headgasket, right?

Joel have you really railed on it yet?

Sorry, don't understand what that means..... :redface: If you mean have I put my foot to the floor in it yet, then yes, I've done a few WOT spirited runs in it with out over heating.

As far as being a small inner dia., yes, I guess it looks smaller than stock. I have had zero issues with water temps, and I'm talking massive under hood temps with the twin long tube stainless headers.

I have a new stock oem R33 GT-R water pump and thermostat with a dual pass alum radiator, and a 16" puller fan controlled with a 185 deg on thermo switch.

I've never gone above 208 deg, and thats in 98 deg weather, at idle. ( 50/50 Antifreeze/water)

I think -16 is sufficient for my application. It should work for you too, huh?

If it's worth anything to you guys, unless you're always running at red-line or close to it, or in an endurance race, you're probably better off getting the OEM pump rather than the N1, as the N1 is made to pump slower because the engine is always at higher RPM.

This could help some water temps in stop and go traffic, but I don't think you'd see much of that, stony ;)

Well actually its the outlet that was allot bigger from the motor and since I have 3 -8 pulling water out of the head in addition to the -16 out of the block I now feel this should be good. I was just a little concerned with modifying something to be smaller then stock. Thanks for the inputs.

NICE! :D

one question.

is it possible to retain the stock throttle linkage for the ITB's, or is this mainly for plenum/greddy style large single TB setups, as it looks like the hoses might get in the way of the linkages, no?

But this is something i'd like to try, even if I don't need it. I like fabbing little things like this up =)

I'd probably end up using two more of the same AC tanks that i've used for the gasoline surge tank.

It'd be cool to have matching cans on either side of the motor. One for coolant, and one for oil-catch, and then another at the back for fuel surge =D

these things come in handy when not being used for AC! :D

i did a quick glance, but i didn't see whether or not the linkages were taken off, and I can't really tell since I don't have my engine head yet. (shipping container issues)

Hmmm... im guessing since those pieces have injector bungs, and no throttle plates, those go against the head. and since the gasket kit from Nissan has two or 3 sets of ITB gaskets, those probably go in between the injector runner section and the throttles bolt on the front those.

am I right on this?

after-market single TB's would only need the injector runner section. I thought the after-markets were a single piece and the greddy intake manifolds had their own runners and injector bungs, I guess there are two different styles? I could have sworn I saw one with runners and mounts for a fuel rail.

0hhhhhh that's a no-no :(

I'm going to be using open stacks with ITB's.

I COULD make an equalizing chamber to acquire more vacuum assist with the air balancing tube, and run lines from the air holes with small o-ring + teflon tape AN fittings. I think that's what i'll do once I get it running. I can always pull the throttles off and adapt this mod to the head once I have the engine running and everything is all good.

Great stuff, stony :D