HybridZ

RB30 stuff: Aussies please read.

Careless

Good stuff :D

So now we got two contacts for RB parts on this board for harder to find things. I'm here in Canada, and you're there in NZ.

Thanks for the heads up :D

There are few NZ here :wink: just check our locations and as you well know some guys that have been building RB30DE/T for a long time too for the Skyline and 200sx (S13,S14,S15) drift crowd.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are few NZ here :wink: just check our locations and as you well know some guys that have been building RB30DE/T for a long time too for the Skyline and 200sx (S13,S14,S15) drift crowd.

hehe, i knew you were form NZ, just stating that we have a parts contact now =)

so there are a lot of DE'd RB30's floating around?

My thought was that everyone just goes straight to turbo cause they don't want to spend the money on the high compression parts due to less room for upgrades down the line (ie. turbo)

You are right most go the DET path. There have been a few DE builds - the one for the 240z that Rob talked about, I know of another one that was/is getting build for a 240z but triple carbs and a dizzy - required for the race class this car is in (a zed owner convinced the race organiser that since the RB engine has a connection to the S20 432 engine that he could run, others are now doing the same, with an RB30DE but they agreed if it was triple carbed and has a dizzy like the 432 S20 power PS30's)

There is two others that I heard of one in a Nissan Patrol 4x4 and a Skyline and I am sure there are others too. We have a few RB25DE R32/R33/R34 Skylines on the roads too.

You are right most go the DET path. There have been a few DE builds - the one for the 240z that Rob talked about, I know of another one that was/is getting build for a 240z but triple carbs and a dizzy - required for the race class this car is in (a zed owner convinced the race organiser that since the RB engine has a connection to the S20 432 engine that he could run, others are now doing the same, with an RB30DE but they agreed if it was triple carbed and has a dizzy like the 432 S20 power PS30's)

There is two others that I heard of one in a Nissan Patrol 4x4 and a Skyline and I am sure there are others too. We have a few RB25DE R32/R33/R34 Skylines on the roads too.

TB48DE is my next build if i can get one here, now that you mention the patrol. get the 5.2 litre kit and i'll have quite a mean engine on my hands. hehehe.

Is it possible to get any more information about these engines that you know of at all? I know someone with a RB25/30 made only 210 whp, but it was using a piggy back system, not a dedicated EFI.