HybridZ

110 miles on LS1 swap

A little over 100 miles on the swap. About at the 50 mile mark, I had the CV bolts work themselves out on the diff side and left me 2 exits away from the shop. I had the car towed and bought new bolts since. This time using Loctite to make sure they do not come out! Getting some vibrations from the rear and hope to have that all squared up this weekend. I just got my 250lb springs from GC to swap out the 200's I have in the rear. While I am there, I will check the strut housing because I am sure I forgot to drop the washers into the housing ang getting movement from the strut itself. Also need to bleed the brakes again and get new tires. The Z should be fine to drive to Fl in just 1 week! This will be a true test of the drivetrain. So far I have been very very happy with it so far and even if I don't take it done, there is always next year.

Long weekend coming up.....pics and vids coming soon.

PS. I have to install bumpers, airdam, wipers, int.....lol

Zya

Hope you make it down to Daytona. Are you planning on doing the track event. I am curious to see how those V8s handle on the track compared to my L6. I have read others stories about their track days but have never done an event with a V8 Z car on track with me.

I am just glad I only have to drive 30 minutes to get to Daytona.

Tom

Hope you make it down to Daytona. Are you planning on doing the track event. I am curious to see how those V8s handle on the track compared to my L6. I have read others stories about their track days but have never done an event with a V8 Z car on track with me.

I am just glad I only have to drive 30 minutes to get to Daytona.

Tom

I have done 4 track days in my LS1 240Z. It really handles about the same as it did with the 6 cylinder. The one major difference is MORE POWER. oh yeah and throttle steer is nice too.

See you there.

A little over 100 miles on the swap. About at the 50 mile mark, I had the CV bolts work themselves out on the diff side and left me 2 exits away from the shop. I had the car towed and bought new bolts since. This time using Loctite to make sure they do not come out! Getting some vibrations from the rear and hope to have that all squared up this weekend. I just got my 250lb springs from GC to swap out the 200's I have in the rear. While I am there, I will check the strut housing because I am sure I forgot to drop the washers into the housing ang getting movement from the strut itself. Also need to bleed the brakes again and get new tires. The Z should be fine to drive to Fl in just 1 week! This will be a true test of the drivetrain. So far I have been very very happy with it so far and even if I don't take it done, there is always next year.

Long weekend coming up.....pics and vids coming soon.

PS. I have to install bumpers, airdam, wipers, int.....lol

Zya

Glad to hear it is running well. Hope you make it. See you soon.

Clive,

Congrats on getting to drive the thing a little, hope all goes well at Daytona. I finally got mine out of town Thursday. Drove 300 miles, mostly on the freeway in the wide open spaces of Idaho. Problably 30 miles of around town stop and go, never below 80 on the freeway, mostly 85-90 with a few quick spurts up over 100, and got 24.8 MPG. Best I ever got with the L6 was 21! Please guys, post some vid of Daytona when you can.

Mike

The entire rear is out of the car. Why? http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=808685#post808685

Hopefully this vibration problem gets solved today. I thought me posting this might be helpful for any doing LS1/Q45 swaps. I might be the first to run into this problem not sure. I had made my own front diff mounts and had the DriveShaft 1 inch too long. I will you guys posted and posting pics later tonight in the other thread.