HybridZ

NHRA's John Force injured in accident at Dallas

Warren

Get well soon, John. Glad he's not dead. If you watch the video, there isn't much of his car left as it's skidding along the rail to the end of the strip---looks like an engine, front wheel, and that's about all. Not sure where his body was.

Davy

Back part of the car with John still in it was on the other wall, where it slammed into it after breaking off at the motor plate. Iin the video, the camera followed the front end, while the rear end slammed into the other wall.

Shows how much (very little) I pay attention. Which is why I can't figure out children's magic tricks...

Davy

i think its time to review the engineering of the frame on these cars.to many bad accidents have happened lately.maybe driver in a kevlar tub?the f1 cars look pretty stout lately.

From my prospective.....I'd say the safety engineering on these cars is obviously quite good! Considering the extent of the collision, John's injuries were limited to only a couple of broken bones! However, I do think the POD style capsules, used in drag boats, are really well engineered!

Tom

What was looking to be the first Father vs. Daughter final in NHRA Funny Car history turned out to be a tragic day...it just go to show you how fast things can change in the NHRA. I was so looking forward to the Force vs. Force final, the younger Force's car was really hooked up on Sunday. I hope John gets better soon. He is currently sitting 4th in the points and could have made a run on his 15th championship, now it is up to his son-in-law to bring the championship home.