HybridZ

source for wheel adapters + pictures of aftermarket wheels

im looking for a source for some adapters i would like to go from 4x114.3 to 5x114.3 so i can swap out rims and tires with some of my friend who have mustangs and have rims with slicks and track tires and stuff laying around and my other Z but i may just use 4x114.3 to 4x114.3

probably gonna need 2'' - if anyone has a source that would be great

also looking for pics of s30's with aftermarket rims and adapters with rim, tire, and adapter specs as i would like to see where they sit with what size adapters

im currently looking at some 17x7.5 Falken sceptors 42mm offset (stupid fwd garbage)

any help would be great

im looking for a source for some adapters i would like to go from 4x114.3 to 5x114.3 so i can swap out rims and tires with some of my friend who have mustangs and have rims with slicks and track tires and stuff laying around and my other Z but i may just use 4x114.3 to 4x114.3

probably gonna need 2'' - if anyone has a source that would be great

also looking for pics of s30's with aftermarket rims and adapters with rim, tire, and adapter specs as i would like to see where they sit with what size adapters

im currently looking at some 17x7.5 Falken sceptors 42mm offset (stupid fwd garbage)

any help would be great

I haven't used these but.................

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_5_Lug_4_5_To_5_Lug_4_5_p/5450-5450.htm

BTW do you now the offset on those Mustang wheels? I am running 40 offset wheels now and am running 1.5" adapters. I doubt the Mustang wheels offset would be anywhere close to 40.

I am running 99 Mustang Cobra 18X9 rims with 245-40 fronts and 275-40 rears with the ezaccessory 2" 4 lug to 5 lug adapters and had to go with ZG flares because they stuck out just a little bit too far and hit the wheel wells. I dont think rolling the lip with this set-up would work.

Tory

I am running 99 Mustang Cobra 18X9 rims with 245-40 fronts and 275-40 rears with the ezaccessory 2" 4 lug to 5 lug adapters and had to go with ZG flares because they stuck out just a little bit too far and hit the wheel wells. I dont think rolling the lip with this set-up would work.

Tory

Did you try smaller spacers? Not knowing the offset, I've heard it was 45 but can't conform that. If thats true you could use a 1.75 thick adapter. How is clearance on the inside on your car? That 8" width is a killer.

tory post some pics - and i dont know where you got your wheels but 99 cobras run 17x8 - the 99 cobras got the lamest wheel for cobras from factory

but thats what i was thinking of getting was the 2in 4x114.3 to 5x114.3 - i want to see how far the rims and tires stick out

"Did you try smaller spacers? Not knowing the offset, I've heard it was 45 but can't conform that. If thats true you could use a 1.75 thick adapter. How is clearance on the inside on your car? That 8" width is a killer."

I have not seen thinner 4 lug to 5 lug adapters. You could probably trim the ezaccessory adapters down a little bit, but probably not enough to fit this wheel/tire combo under the stock wheel wells. Also, I am not running coilovers and with the stock style coil springs I really doubt you could tuck these 9 inchers under the wells (dont tell Bartman though, he might just take the challenge!). Clearance to the rear coil springs is appx 1/2" and the tire stuck out appx 1 1/2".

Tory

"and i dont know where you got your wheels but 99 cobras run 17x8 - the 99 cobras got the lamest wheel for cobras from factory"

Yea, I am thinking that they must be a different year wheel, I bought them off ebay and that is what they were sold as, but they are definitely Cobra rims in a 18X9.

you can go here to see pics: http://flickr.com/photos/42511247@N00/ They are not actually mounted in these pics though, I have jacks in the front and rear and the wheels are just sitting there (I wanted to see what it would look like). I dont have any recent pics with the wheels mounted. Maybe I will take some tonight.

Tory

"I have not seen thinner 4 lug to 5 lug adapters. You could probably trim the ezaccessory adapters down a little bit, but probably not enough to fit this wheel/tire combo under the stock wheel wells. Also, I am not running coilovers and with the stock style coil springs I really doubt you could tuck these 9 inchers under the wells (dont tell Bartman though, he might just take the challenge!). Clearance to the rear coil springs is appx 1/2" and the tire stuck out appx 1 1/2".

Tory

EZ's site says they have

1" Thick (Default)

1.25" Thick [Add $5.00]

1.5" Thick [Add $10.00]

2" Thick [Add $15.00]

But I think you're correct, coilovers make it tough. Your car looks great, but those aren't the Mustang wheels I thought everyone was talking about. I was thinking they were the '05 wheels. 17x8.

oe-3448-original-p-3-x.jpg

those are for normal crossovers staying the same number of bolts 4 to 4 5 to 5

the 4 to 5s have to be 2in as they are 2 seperate 1in adapter to prevent hole overlap 279 for a st of 4 shipped where as the 4 to 4 is only around 150 for a set of 4 and i was looking at spending about $200 so i dont know if im gonna go 4 to 5 + 2in may stick out to far for me i think i only need 1.5 or 1.75

o well

ya after finally seeing some pics and specs it seems i would only really need about 1- 1.25 in i think i would probably go 1.25 -1.5 just to push it out to the edge i hate wheels tucked up in the fenders which is my probablem i dont really know what to get to set the rims pretty much just like you have them

- do you have any ideas the wheels are 17x7.5 witha 42mm offset im thinking 1.5 would do it right but im not quite sure

ya after finally seeing some pics and specs it seems i would only really need about 1- 1.25 in i think i would probably go 1.25 -1.5 just to push it out to the edge i hate wheels tucked up in the fenders which is my probablem i dont really know what to get to set the rims pretty much just like you have them

- do you have any ideas the wheels are 17x7.5 witha 42mm offset im thinking 1.5 would do it right but im not quite sure

There are multiple factors involved including if you roll your fenders (and how much), if your running coilovers, as well as differences between specific cars. When you're pushing the envelope what works on one car may not work on another due to varying tolerances. Remember if you get a adapter that's too wide, your kinda screwed; if it's too narrow you can always add a spacer to get it exactly where you want it.

It's best to mock it up and find out exactly where you want your wheels to sit.

I have two 1.125" adapters with Honda spacing I will sell. PM me if you're interested. They were on a 240Z rear supension I bought. They were installed but I don't think they've ever been run. I went with 1.5" for my 40 offset.