HybridZ

Lower Front Or Raise the Back?

The guy at the alignment place told me the fron of my car is a little "high." Considering that it has stock, 25 year-old springs, etc., should I lower the front or raise the back? Or should the car be level front-to-back?

What would be the best way?

Guest Anonymous

Man, where are you buying parts. This is a Z not a porshe or BMW. You can buy new strut inserts and springs for about 400 total. Less if you shop, more if you want something special. 2 grand, sounds like you need to fing another shop to deal with and soon! bonk.gif

Guest Anonymous

Tom if you are planning to put the GTO body on that Z, you may consider coil overs and sectioned struts to get the wheel wells in proper relation to the 15 inch tires. IMHO it will take a minimum of a 3 inch drop to obtain a correct look and lowering springs will not do it without some drastic coil snipping surgery. My Tomahawk Z has a 4 inch drop from 2 inch sectioned strut tubes and coilovers and Nates Vello Rossa recieved the same treatment.I assume Mike C meant strut cartridges sonce the strut tubes rarely wear out.

there's nothing to wear on the strut tubes, but they get really rusty. I wasn't planning on lowering the car like you suggest because it sounds like it will be scraping the ground or speed bumps, and wil definitely limit the places I can go. I will have to get it levelled out somehow. What does 15"tires have to do with anything?

Coilovers and all that extra stuff sounds like it will cost mega bucks!