HybridZ

rare? or undesirable?

I recently purchased two cars, on running and one a shell. with it came a slew of NOS parts. I know whether most of the parts are worth putting on ebay, but there's one item i've never seen or heard of. maybe i'm just not paying attention. the rear bumper overrider bar can be seen on quite a few 240z's, but i've got one for a late 260-280 rear bumper bar. never seen one so i need to know if it's just unwanted, or if it's a uncommon item. please and thank you for any help.

i believe it's just uncommon

i've got them on mine. I actually LIKE them compared to stock.

with the rear overrider bar, it smooths out the bench bumper, so it's not as bad. the front does the same.

the rear

DSC06834.jpg

the front

DSC06833.jpg

my front bar is a little bent, probably from someone pushing on the car. easy fix.

i really like the rear one though.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently purchased two cars, on running and one a shell. with it came a slew of NOS parts. I know whether most of the parts are worth putting on ebay, but there's one item i've never seen or heard of. maybe i'm just not paying attention. the rear bumper overrider bar can be seen on quite a few 240z's, but i've got one for a late 260-280 rear bumper bar. never seen one so i need to know if it's just unwanted, or if it's a uncommon item. please and thank you for any help.

What other NOS parts did you get? I never seen that over ride bar for 260's/280's. Cool

i've got a couple of the old oval air cleaner elements, a couple sets of z cntercaps (still have to figure out what they belong to, said overrider bar, a couple hood emblems, a stereo install kit for oem AM/FM for '77-78 (amazing how pretty our faceplates USED to be), a couple of windshield rubber seals, :iospalo: need to dig through the piles o find out what else. also have an entire l24. already sold the mikunis off of it, but i'm going to check the rods to see if they're dimpled or pimpled, if they're 9mm i'll be selling them for whoever wants to build a stroker. the E31 head is toast so that sucks. I've got a P30 crank, just chilling in my storage unit that i got with the deal. (what is the P30 crank out of by the way?) also have a 1993 240sx swapped with and RB20DET that i'd like to sell within the next 2 months. i also have a fairly clean 260z body (09/74 i beliver)with a bad motor that i'd be willing to sell. it is missing a hood and pass. fender, but if it sells for enought i can throw a fender and hood on there. still has full interior, minimal rust. chilling under a carport for the last 4 years. also have a 76 with SU carbs on it and 6-1 header to 2.5 inch exhaust (sounds really good) with a set of wheels on it that i've never seen before. everyone compliments the wheels! they are kinda like turbines, but they're orange except for the machined faces, and get this......a machined lip. yeah you never see turbines with a lip. i'll post some pics of them when i can. the body of this car is too discouraging for me. frame rails are great, but floorpans near the rear mounting position of the seat look terrible. spare tire well almost nonexistent. and some stupid yutz put a sunroof in it and one piece is missing, so it needs to be replaced or deleted. also i have doors for a '77-'78, grey in color, black door panels are flawless as is the glass and locking mech's. have a 5 spd that needs rebuilt, free to he who would pay shipping. anyways i'll look around for all the NOS stuff and get it listed on here. thank for the interest guys.

:icon47: Don't get rid of the E-31 Head. You would be amazed at what they can fix on it now. I had three cracks in three different areas on the head and took it to place in Ft. Collins, CO (Custum Head Shop) and had it repaired. You can go to things like bigger valves in it and even have the whole area re-welded. They can repair almost any damage done to it. Put most of the parts into hind. Put it on E-bay and sell it to someone who needs it.

:mparty: