HybridZ

Parting out my car

runemage

Link to pics:

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/runemage00/

1982 280zx turbo. Auto.

Runs fine, lots of electrical problems, though, if anyone wants to buy the whole car.

Otherwise, the whole engine is pretty good lookin'.

Wimpy little turbo.

After market fuel rail.

T tops.

Windshield's nice looking, to cracks/chips.

Hatch door.

Interior in good condition.

The seats may not be in the best of condition, passenger side is fussy.

Need something specific? PM me. I'd be happy to take more pics.

So-cal S130: The turbo doesn't smoke or howl when I start it up so I imagine the seals and bearings are good. I don't know how the blades look, though. 30$ before shipping. I can get a video of me starting it up if you like. May take a few days, though.

Panachedk: It is a P90 head. 150$ before shipping.

Slowrusty: Before I let it sit for too long, it started up just fine, it drove just fine. The guy I bought it from, I don't know why, put the fuel pump on a switch, then, due to a short, I put the running lights on a switch.

One headlamp is getting more juice than the other. The wipers don't work, I dunno why.

The power window work, but they seem wimpy to me.

A couple times, neither door would open and I had to pop off one of the T-tops to get out. The next day it worked fine. It currently works fine. It must be haunted.

But then I let it sit for a month or two without driving it. I started it up every week or so, though. Come to find out that's worse than letting it sit. So I replaced the plugs and gave it a jump, but it still wouldn't start.

I'll feel pretty stupid if it's just out of gas, though, I'm pretty sure there's at least a little bit in there. But maybe the tank is all gunky. The car sat for quite some time before I bought it, so who knows?

Anyway, at this point, I suppose that is pretty contradictory.

Some of the parts are already sold. No money has been exchanged, but some of the parts, including the engine, have been claimed.

So, unless you want to show me a crazy amount of cash or something, I'd have to say that I'm unable to sell the car as a whole.

Sorry, I really like dealing with local people, though.

are you going to be around friday day? I might be able to get down there then to get the motor.Rob here.Do you still have the Distributor also?Buddies want to go to Sandlake and ride our quads but I dont want to leave you hanging another weekend without getting motor.Wish I would have done it yesterday weather was awesome.