HybridZ

Should I sell, transfer or fix???

Lewis Maudlin

Y do u react like that?? maybe maeybe u r justa fan of old cars..

Never said that always newer is better...

stop being an r tard.

Cars like those old u mention are not to be modified.. they have a history behind them and I'ts better to renovate and keep them in good condition.. when it's about racing and performance... oh.. I hear something .. someone is shouting from a along distance.. oh there he is... THERE COMES SAFETYYYYY

smart ass.

stop beeing a n idiot and judge everyone and his opinion like u r always right.

I'm not a fan of my car. I like my car but I respect the old ones that's it's better to leave a 38Year old car..

Afterall the car I really really want and I can't find its an AE86.

But then again .. cars are improving so .. newer cars have this tendency to become better...

that's y even TRD is using the 20valve black top on that car...

Hi Welcome to H Y B R I D Z, that spells HybridZ. You need to go back read some of the forum rules and guidelines if you have any intention of staying around. Heres the link: http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=59&a=2

Also I know its "hip" to use SMS or IM typing, but please don't be lazy typing "Y do U", its hard to read and portrays you as a little kid.

Also I highly doubt your AE86 is anywhere near the pinnacle of safety, yes newer cars can become better, some become worse. Also if old cars are not to be modified please explain the ENTIRE aftermarket automotive industry? Sure old cars may have history, but preaching "keep it original" is frowned heavily upon here. Also most of this forum is based around MODIFYING these old cars, as are MOST car forums out there.

Thanks for responding maturely and hopefully you'll enjoy your stay around HybridZ.

Tyson

1st of all forgive me for my english since it's not my native language and on top of that I never visited a country which has English as their native language

As far as concern the old cars that's my opinion. and I expect others to respect it and I explain why I have this opinion.

If I had that AE86 I would do anything in my power to keep it in Good condition.

If I wanted to have the race car Iwould have 2 of them. As simple as that. O wouldn't risk to reck a car like that because I know it's value to me.

I think that's a good reason. Thanks for the rules link because to be honest I never read it.

• Administrators

This thread will go back on topic or it will be closed.

pavcon, I can appreciate English not being your first language. However, its no excuse for name calling or direct insults. You've been warned. If you would like to discuss this further, PM me and we'll sort it out.

Good Day,

• 3 months later...

Hey, bud...this is also fom recent experience. I have owned my 260Z for 5 years, and I just recently got to start the restore. I had to wait for my fiance to start college ( I was paying all my Z money to ASU), then I had to pay for a wedding, then I bouhgt a condo, then I had a baby, then I moved half way across the country, then I found the job market in the new place unbearable, then I joined the Air Force, then I moved the rest of the way across the country...Sorry for the rediculous run-on sentance, but the point is, through it all, I just kept the Z running and dreamed about what it was that I needed to do to it. My wife pressured me to sell the car several times, and my response was, "If I sell my $2000 sports car now, I'll have to buy a Corvette later!" Problem solved. Keep the car, refine your plan for it while you can't physically work on it, and keep coming to HybridZ, or we'll miss you!

I had to deal with selling my 240z recently. Im 33 and married with a 9 month old girl. Before my baby was born I pondered the idea of getting rid of my Z. I have had her since I was 20 years old, went from working on her every other day to simply driving her to parking her in my parents garage for the last 4 years, yes 4 years. I have been so busy and entertained for the last 4 years with my Evo VIII that I disregarded my Z. Recently when I considered selling her I went as far as calling up an old buddy that always praised my Z- and offered the car to him. Thankfully he declined and I went on. Just 1 month ago I got back to working on her and im in love all over again. Simply said I beleive that the love for a Z is not a gimmick, its not temporary, its not even cool, its a classic love that always comes back to remind you of the passion that still lives. KEEP HER.