HybridZ

Custom intercooler for my RBZ

BirdmanZ

Yes thats exactly what mine looked like until we discovered the hood would not close....

We had to modify the outer edges of the inlet/outlet areas. I will dig up a pic a show you what I mean.... stand by.

EDIT: here are a couple before and after pics of what mod it took to make it fit. (my trouble was partly to do with I/C being 4.5" thick)

click it

intercoolertestfit0008iz1.th.jpg

turbo032a7jzmd5.th.jpg

Thanks guys.

Evan- The core is from TurboXS and is the same one used for their Evo 8 front mount.

Joel- Your intercooler was the one i had in the back of my mind when designing mine.

Last night i actually got to drive the car for the first time with the RB in it and man this thing is nuts! It was only running 10 psi on a crappy tune but still put the stock L24 to shame. I still have a couple of small things to do before i can REALLY drive it but I can't wait to feel 15 psi on a good tune!

Brandon

It was only running 10 psi on a crappy tune but still put the stock L24 to shame.

Brandon

Anything with boost is going to put the stock L24 to shame. :wink:

Great looking car! As mentioned, we'll be curious to see if you have any hood clearance issues with that sweet azz IC.

I'm sure it would be more of a problem with a 4.5" intercooler.

I think a meet would be sweet I have not seen a rb26 in a z and i would love to see your widebody Z streeteg!:D

Mannyvig, is your Z up here or and AZ? I was looking at your past post i was trying to figure out what engine you got, did you get the rb20?

btw, really nice intercooler sorry for the thread Hijacking:D

My vehicles are in AZ on foot and in a rental everytime I am in md (fiance goes to John's Hopkins Pre-med). The current z has Is completely gutted waiting for time to be able to prep, The 240sx has the rb20det, rb25 trans, AM Performance goodies, Mines ecu, VLSD, 5 lug conversion, 4 piston front brakes, extremely comfortable interior, k-sport suspension, and 1 million poly freakin bushings. Its fun. Lastly a Completely torn down rb26 sitting in the garage waiting for parts so i can put that in my roomates car :iospalo:. I need to finish the 26 build before i can move and even then i dont know what to do with the cars. Stupid charles village and the ridiculous pay parking.

Would definately love to meet up though I wont be there till jan or feb

I also down till about Jan. i think the only two people running are Rumnhammer and streeteg lol. How long do you think it will be before your turn-key Birdman. I'm hoping i get mine out of the shop soon so i can finish the wiring.(because they are jerks:mad: but that another post.) how do you guys feel about late Jan. in B-more???

thanks,

Henry