HybridZ

Steps in power limitation of the RB25DET

WizardBlack

What injectors are u guys running? if i want 500 on pump from 78 S30 w /98 R33 RB25DET w/ top mount T60, frontmount IC and Greddy. Intake Man. on stock long block ...not yet running...

Also what are u doing for EMS? I have stock computer and harness but would like to run top feed low imp. GTR injestors, so what do i need? GTR inject. harness, top feed LOw imd. injectors, w/ what size nozzle and flow? does any have wiring diagram to GTR inj harness? or have a harness to sell?

And what clutches are u guys running? for R33 RB25DET tranny..stock is pull type i think... ATS, EX, ORC has push type conversion so we can run GTR clutches??

What injectors are u guys running? if i want 500 on pump from 78 S30 w /98 R33 RB25DET w/ top mount T60, frontmount IC and Greddy. Intake Man. on stock long block ...not yet running...

Also what are u doing for EMS? I have stock computer and harness but would like to run top feed low imp. GTR injestors, so what do i need? GTR inject. harness, top feed LOw imd. injectors, w/ what size nozzle and flow? does any have wiring diagram to GTR inj harness? or have a harness to sell?

And what clutches are u guys running? for R33 RB25DET tranny..stock is pull type i think... ATS, EX, ORC has push type conversion so we can run GTR clutches??

Whoah now that is kinda a thread jack.

i got eagle h beam rods for my RB25 along with CP 8.5:1 pistons

i am hoping for over 600hp on race gas running 850cc or bigger injectors with a GT35R turbo

so what seems to fail on the stock rods and when. we talking bearings or wrist pins or just out right breakage?

thats what were trying to figure out, but i can't find anywhere to get a solid answer

thats what were trying to figure out, but i can't find anywhere to get a solid answer

Given Nissan and other Jap Turbo Engine makers other engines, it seems to be rod bolts and then the rods themselves about 100 hp later. But yeah, no one seems to know. I will try to look deeper in skylinesaustralia and whatnot.

i got eagle h beam rods for my RB25 along with CP 8.5:1 pistons

i am hoping for over 600hp on race gas running 850cc or bigger injectors with a GT35R turbo

so what seems to fail on the stock rods and when. we talking bearings or wrist pins or just out right breakage?

Bah if your head flows enough to support it, that should be pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I have heard it's the ringlands that break. It's pretty common on modern turbo engines that have to meet emissions guidelines. The depth to the first ring is shallow to keep that dead space between the piston and the cylinder wall as small as possible. A lot of dirty air resides down there and makes it tough to pass emissions. A lot of times it's minor detonation that breaks it but sometimes if it's tuned perfect for it's entire running time, it'll support a bit more power until the sheer power itself breaks the ring lands. They start to crumble apart. I have tuned an STi to that level. When pulling the still run-able engine apart, the piston ringlands fell apart when it pulled out of the bore.

Bah if your head flows enough to support it, that should be pretty much a foregone conclusion.

I have heard it's the ringlands that break. It's pretty common on modern turbo engines that have to meet emissions guidelines. The depth to the first ring is shallow to keep that dead space between the piston and the cylinder wall as small as possible. A lot of dirty air resides down there and makes it tough to pass emissions. A lot of times it's minor detonation that breaks it but sometimes if it's tuned perfect for it's entire running time, it'll support a bit more power until the sheer power itself breaks the ring lands. They start to crumble apart. I have tuned an STi to that level. When pulling the still run-able engine apart, the piston ringlands fell apart when it pulled out of the bore.

do you know the magical number at which these ringlands $hit out?

I heard the 6 speed is as weak as the 5 speed for the SR20's. No hard facts of course.

240zwannabe: That is absolutely not a threadjack. This is exactly what I was hoping to bring to the front. A good discussion of hard facts so we can determine when everything will need replaced. So far:

Turbo: 10 psi

Pistons: 500 whp

Head Studs: 500 whp

Rods:

Crank:

Block:

Mains:

What's the highest powered stock bottom end car (other than pistons if those are replaced)?

I believe enjuku racing got 547 rwhp on their stock bottom end SR20.

Either way, i wont be making enough power to mash a SR20 6speed box. and now I wont be using one :P

Review my post above about ringlands. That is why there is so much variation. They become extremely sensitive to detonation; just like rotaries. If you are careful, you can get a lot out of them. If not, they go quicker. I think a lot of ppl are saying 500 is a pretty common denominator to which most tuners/drivers can get without having to worry. It sounds like you can stretch it another 100~150 if you have a good tune or blow it out of the water with comparatively high octane for what you are doing.

Regarding the enjuku SR20; how long did it last? Or is it still running? I thought rods and/or rod bolts went sooner than that.