HybridZ

another itb thread

olie05

I've been following the honda guys with their motorcycle itb's for well over a year now... and with a little extra money I made from some ebay sales, I started acquiring parts. Heres what I have so far:

30119162594.jpg 30119162424.jpg

30119161939.jpg 30119161672.jpg

Heres an idea of what the manifold is going to look like:

30119201147.jpg 30119201143.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, these things stack like legos. The linkages and all. to get to my final design I'm just going to put a spacer in the middle and extend the linkage. I'm also planning on making some fiberglass Velocity stacks that will require nothing other than a hose clamp to attach to the outside of the throttle body.

The next step is to decide on a runner diameter and find somone to TIG up the runners to the flange. I haven't decided if i'm going to run 12 injectors or plug up the flange holes.

Thanks 1 fast z for the quick shipping!

-Oliver

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

Have you considered a triple's manifold and 2 sets of spacers? That way they are spaced out like this:

[] [] []

I've always wanted to buy the ITBs and do that to them. If you're running programmable, you can do staged injectors, build an airbox, and boost it!

Mario

On a dcoe the spacing is 90mm... so If i got a cannon, or equivalent manifold, I would have to space every single throttle body. Then I have to deal with the fuel rail in between each throttle body or go totally custom. BUT the main reason I'm going with this setup is because these throttle bodies mount with rubber boots, just seems a little easier.

The spacing on these is 80mm, and the less I have to deal with spacing them out the better. The fuel system could be hooked up the way they are setup right now and the linkage works... just a few less things to worry about. Although, 90mm would allow a slightly wider velocity stack and more filter options.

I'm running MSNSE so staged injection would not be a problem. I like to keep things simple, so if i can get away with only 6 injectors I'd be happier.

" I'm also planning on making some fiberglass Velocity stacks that will require nothing other than a hose clamp to attach to the outside of the throttle body."

Go to your local housewares section and take a look at some spun-aluminum tumblers (or plastic ones for that matter). We made velocity stacks for the Rochesters on the Corvair way back when using Drink Tumblers, Truck Radiator Hose, and Two Hose Clamps.

Some drink tumblers have very nice Hillborn-Style-Trumpet and taper to them!

" I'm also planning on making some fiberglass Velocity stacks that will require nothing other than a hose clamp to attach to the outside of the throttle body."

Go to your local housewares section and take a look at some spun-aluminum tumblers (or plastic ones for that matter). We made velocity stacks for the Rochesters on the Corvair way back when using Drink Tumblers, Truck Radiator Hose, and Two Hose Clamps.

Some drink tumblers have very nice Hillborn-Style-Trumpet and taper to them!

The same with egg cups too right? Where the heck would someone find those nowadays?

Good info about the drink tumblers tonyD, I have been looking for an alternative. peace.

• 7 months later...

Just found this thread. I've been thinking about this for a while. I came across the GSXR throttle bodies a while ago, and love how they are modular.

What about the slightly shorter runners for the inner TBs, would this cause issues?

Pete

Hey guys.

No progress Prox. I went to China shortly after school got out, but I will be back in late July with almost one month of vacation before school starts up again. Maybe I will get something done then.

Pete, Making the inner runners slightly shorter would cause a mis-alignment in the throttle body shafts... (if I'm reading your question correctly). The solution would be to have slightly shorter velocity stacks on the inside runners.

However, I think the goal would be to lengthen the inside runners, to match the length of the outer runners.

Hey guys.

No progress Prox. I went to China shortly after school got out, but I will be back in late July with almost one month of vacation before school starts up again. Maybe I will get something done then.

Pete, Making the inner runners slightly shorter would cause a mis-alignment in the throttle body shafts... (if I'm reading your question correctly). The solution would be to have slightly shorter velocity stacks on the inside runners.

However, I think the goal would be to lengthen the inside runners, to match the length of the outer runners.

Or just shift the two middle runners in toward each other at the angle of the outer ones to achieve the same length runner.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I might work on this with the remainder time I have in the summer. The main thing holding me back is the aluminum welding: I can't do it myself, and I don't have a jig to align the tubes to mate the hole spacing with the head to the hole spacing of the throttles.

If anyone would like to do something like this, just search on google for people who do KA24 manifold chops and then attach moto throttles with rubber boots. The concept is very much the same.

Also, I will update this thread as soon as I have any progress.

• 2 years later...

I might work on this with the remainder time I have in the summer. The main thing holding me back is the aluminum welding: I can't do it myself, and I don't have a jig to align the tubes to mate the hole spacing with the head to the hole spacing of the throttles.

If anyone would like to do something like this, just search on google for people who do KA24 manifold chops and then attach moto throttles with rubber boots. The concept is very much the same.

Also, I will update this thread as soon as I have any progress.

Hi,

I made it with GSXR ITB's

here are some photos :

post-5139-006077500 1336002042_thumb.jpg

post-5139-033712300 1336002087_thumb.jpg

Slick. :) Any build info? Process/steps?

Dave

Well, i'm not easy with foreign language, but...

using itb's Suzuki 750 GSXR 1999/2000, silicone hoses, clamps, custom made epoxy/carbon trumpets,

I can use the oem command bracket in the midle of the system.

another picture of the fix on the head flange :

post-5139-008909500 1336045928_thumb.jpg

post-5139-032639900 1336046000_thumb.jpg