HybridZ

standard vs automatic transmission

Matadem

What would you prefer?

I can get both I am thinking that with an auto I might be more consistent at the track.... How strong are the l28 turbo auto transmission

can I get parts for it?...High stall converter , transmission kit/shift kit etc

With the megasquirt antilag option I can probably launch at full boost

I am hoping for high 12's (hope) stripped datsun bluebird way lighter than a zx.... Holset hy35 turbo

my head should be finished tomorrow ported and polished

I was talking to a guy right now he has a 280zx with an rb25det engine he had a l28 with weber carbs, cam, headers with auto and 75 shot nitrous ran 13.4's full interior

any suggestions????

go to z31performance.com and download the autotrans mods in the drivetrain forum. a stock rebuild with a good valve body/shift kit, will easily hold with 12 sec runs. my guess is that you won't need a restall with that turbo. what i do is brake boost the car in second gear, then drop it in low when you want to go. the time in the sig is with a jatco auto. if want help in anyway let me know.

How long have you been driving?? it took me all of a month of daily driving my fivespeed Z to get more consistent than a governor and vacuum modulator can be.

My two cents: The only thing an automatic transmission is good for in a Z, is to lower the purchase price. "Come on, man, the thing doesn't even have a fivespeed in it! It's not worth THAT much!"