HybridZ

MS-II Up and running with Video!

naviathan

Well guys, it's here, the video is up and ready to watch. It's kinda dumb and I feel like I'm infringing on some Big-Phil copyright or something, but there's a question in the video I'm hoping someone can answer. Thanks sooo much for all the support and help you guys have given me and of course thank God for giving me the patience to get this done. Let me know what you think!

VIDEO

Sorry the video is a bit choppy. I had a bunch of programs running in the background when it was loading from the camcorder.

Thanks dexter, I just wish I could figure out what that rattling is when I blip the throttle. It only happens from idle, if I rev it up and blip while the rpms are up it's fine. Really wierd sound, never heard it before. Detonation maybe? Could be poor accel settings, but i'm not real sure.

souns like an off throttle timing problem. download the Mega log viewer program and do some datalgging.

That's what I was thinking, it sounds like detonation. Do you think advancing the timing more in the lower map ranges would help? As soon as you hit the throttle it ramps the map up to 50-100 kpa and that may be where the problem is.

Wow, talk about way lean. I don't know what the difference is between my setup and linluv's setup, but this map pings horribly under load and with a quick blip of the throttle. I figured out that the rattling noise was detonation. MLV is screwy though. First it was lowering my fuel, now it's increasing it then it lowered it and I'm all confused. Latest datalog below. The O2 is brand new, but I know that doesn't mean anything. It started out reading everything really rich in past datalogs and now it's reading everything really lean. I'm baffled, but it runs!

datalog200711021452.zip

Calibrate the O2 to CLEAN AIR. Let the datalogger calculate the adjustments. Manually go over the new VE map and smooth it out. Set your timing map to something conservative, like 18idle - 30full with smooth gradients all over the map. Confirm timing with a good old timing light.

Drive>Datalog>MegalogTune>Manual MAP smooth>Drive....repeat.

CONGRATS! to the world of MS tuning and the car sounds nice. Finally!

-Dave

cygnus, thanks for the advice. I had to pull the valve cover and retorque the head bolts because number 5 starting getting coolant in it and I have no idea why. Turns out some of the head bolts were loose, like they had loosened up as the engine got hot. Anyhow, I tightened it down and I'm going over everything again to make sure it's good. Cheap head gasket I guess could be at fault, but I think it's more to do with the pinging that made it leak. My timing is pretty straight forward. 10 at idle and nothing over 36, but I don't know that it's right. I'll have to post a screen shot of the maps when I get a chance. Should I be firing the injectors simultaneous or alternating? That seems to make a huge difference in how lean or rich it is.