HybridZ

Injector seal kit

1 fast z

What seal kit off of what car would work for the 14mm orings, that slip on the injector and seal to the fuel rail? Possibly Mustang 5.0's? There aftermarket bocsh injectors, 685cc's, but I ripped one of the seals. I think RC injectors use the same thing. Any ideas?

Take a trip over to McFadden-Dale Hardware on 32nd st. Carry an injector with you. Go to their O-Ring Bin, select the appropriate Viton O-Ring, and make note of the "A-XXX" number, so you can order them from an even cheaper place it the future.

Actually, the Harbor Freight O-Ring kit should probabably have the O-Rings you need as well. You can get more at MCF-D.

They are standard O-Rings, they aren't anything special from what I have seen.

Yes there a different wall thickness compared to your generic oring. I will be getting some from mcmaster, BUT I always like to know what application I can get them off of, incase you need to fix one, and your ONLY by an auto store 1000 miles from home.

• 11 months later...

I ran into the same thing tonight. I tore a 14mm Ford o-ring while re-installing my fuel rail. The O-ring measures 14mm OD and 3.5mm width. Not a common size at all.

I am going to visit Ford tomorrow to see if they have any. The injectors are Ford Lightning.