HybridZ

Hammered floorboards, what should I do?

turbostroker

Hi, HybridZ community, I am fairly new to this site. Decided to strip the interior (70 240Z) and rewire the whole car(wiring was a mess) and scrape all the tar stuff off and redo the insulation. I was pleasantly surprised to find no rust at all on the floor boards, but years of floor jack used incorrectly have buckled the floor boards in. Should I try to hammer it back down, replace it or just leave it alone? My concern is structual integrity. You can't see it when the seats and carpet are in.

Hi, HybridZ community, I am fairly new to this site. Decided to strip the interior (70 240Z) and rewire the whole car(wiring was a mess) and scrape all the tar stuff off and redo the insulation. I was pleasantly surprised to find no rust at all on the floor boards, but years of floor jack used incorrectly have buckled the floor boards in. Should I try to hammer it back down, replace it or just leave it alone? My concern is structual integrity. You can't see it when the seats and carpet are in.

Are the frame rails buckled too? Thats what happend in my 280Z. Someone jacked the car up too many times using the frame rails, they crushed a bit and distorted the floor panels. I beat the floor back as flat as I could and installed baddog frame rails over the old ones.

I did the same thing to my 240. Never put a floor jack on the "frame rails" of a 240. Use a big block of wood and a heavy hammer to straighten them back out.

This place has weld in subframe connectors. I just ordered a set yesterday believe it or not.

I also got a set of their single point jacking plates on order. So from now on I should have a stiff chassis and convienent jacking point.

I did the same thing to my 240. Never put a floor jack on the "frame rails" of a 240. Use a big block of wood and a heavy hammer to straighten them back out.

This place has weld in subframe connectors. I just ordered a set yesterday believe it or not.

I also got a set of their single point jacking plates on order. So from now on I should have a stiff chassis and convienent jacking point.

They had just finished developing those jacking plates when I got my rails. Let us know how they work out. Its hard to tell from the pict how they attach.