HybridZ

Blow through ignition question

hondabait

• Administrators
Is there a simple distributor/map/ait instalation procedure?

Blow through ignition?! Well there are ONLY two options for this type of MAP ignition.

1) A magnetic nonferrous NARP’s valve.

2) #9 resistor.

The #9 resistor option has been covered on HybridZ with great detail. Here is the link..

Click ME for the "#9 Ignition resistor" thread

Good luck,

Paul clown.gif

• Administrators
WRONG on both accounts. Only a flux capacitor will work in this application. Sheeesh.

Ron,

I have to disagree with you on this one. The "Flux Capacitor" is a high end ignition component and is capable of increasing overall power of the ignition sequence beyond any measure of ordinary ignition systems, but it pales in comparison to the "#9 resistor" and the "NONferrous magnetic NARP’s valve". The F-Cap you mentioned works well with the EDIS-4, EDIS-6, EDIS-8 and EDIS-10 ignition systems. I have heard a rumor it also works with the EDIS-9, but I have yet to confirm that. Below is a picture of a genuine "Flux Capacitor" on the EDIS test bench as 6 sparkplugs are intensely “glowing” from the enhanced EDIS-6 using an F-cap, destined for an L-28.

Note the “F-cap

TestbenchMedium.jpg

Now with a “Blow through” ignition system, of the two solutions I am aware of listed in my previous post, the "NONferrous MAGNETIC NARP’s valve" is the E-ticket solution to an optimum plasmatic combustion initiator. These two pics below were taken on the igntion test bench with a pseudo Blow through ignition system utilizing a NONferrous magnetic NARP’s valve… as you can clearly see, the F-cap pales in comparison.

SparkyMedium.jpg

PlugMedium.jpg

Any other Ignition guru’s, pleas chime in… wink.gif

A blow-through ignition system is a waste of time IMHO. The electrons just scatter all over the place and you have no control.

Now a draw-through ignition system is much better. Couple that with Ron #9 resistor and BRAAP's NONferrous magnetic NARP’s valve and then you'll have something.:icon15:

That is a common term used for those transparent plastic spark plugs with the sintered brass ends. Those are depleted uranium nodules, and when excited through a fiber-optic cabling system from a laser-trigger will produce a gob of superheated plasma which 'blows through' the plug core of uranium and out through the sintered brass filter end---where stray quarks are contained, filtered, and recycled in a catalytic action---when the plasma glob hits the fuel air mix in the combustion chamber it will inite with much more reliability than conventional sparks. The high power of the blow-through ignition system (so named due to the transparent glass plugs giving the appearance of the laser trigger light 'blowing' down through the beads of uranium as the plasma blob picks up energy and ignition force) has been known to melt the centers out of pistons if the fuel air mix is too lean...the plasma is not dispersed through the fuel, igniting it, and instead goes straight to the piston crown where it's superheated energy will melt right through common aluminum. There are many plusses to using the blow-through ignition system, but this is the primary drawback. Make sure your engine is fueled completely and correctly or you could experience the plasma-glob induced piston melt down.

Here is a shot of Blow-Through Igniton Plugs, you can see the chromed Fiber Optic Connector at the top. Not your normal plug boot connection! You can see how people would think something 'blows through them' with the big spigot on the end, instead of the normal terminal cap. Modern Technology...amazing, isn't it?

AN4062-1.jpg

Here they are in the process of overhaul (great thing, just recharge with Depleted uranium everny 100K miles, and they are good as new!) Note the sintered brass/bronze quark regeneration filter, and large bore hole in the cap to accept the fiber optic cabling to give it very close proximity to the Uranium Beads for proper plasma glob propogation.

protek_apart.jpg

What they look like NEW:

dehydrator.jpg

What they look like when in need of Overhaul due to Quark Degredation:

dehydrator1.jpg

Lean Engine Melted Piston Hole from Plasma Glob Impingement on unprotected Piston Crown:

melted%20piston2.jpg

• Administrators

I heard that Prime EMS has a deal going with the Libians to acquire the nodule technology...I WANT...I WANT!!:willy_nil

Wiki D thinks he knows 'all that', but the reality is that the NFPA shut that facility down. We're not supposed to get into politics around here, so were not going down that road... lets just say some people are no longer 'with us'.

And Libia?... PM me if you really want to know.

I've got a pile of those plugs from my time in the USAF. During my tennure there it was common for Depot to install cheap 'converters' on the Magneto Leads that were supposed to convert the magneto pulse into a high enough energy pulse to trigger the ignition process through some sort of transformer action...but they never worked like when they did the proper retrofit of the Laser Distribution Module. Typical Governmental Bumbling. High Tech end pieces, and then a 'make it work' transitional piece that never worked. It was a pain removing these with all the regulations regarding disposal, it was easier to claim the engines came from depot mis-shipped without plugs, as the Uranium Packed ones were "DIFM" (due in from maintenance). I 'lost' a bunch of those from 84-89 while on Kadena. I usually delegated the removal of the plugs to some onestriper because I hated wearing all the protective gear. I carried countless plugs home in the pockets of my BDU's over the years. Hair still grows there, so I doubt there was any real radiation danger.

Recently I have seen plasma pulse plugs that do not use Fiber Optic Plasma Initiation, and utilize a different configuation with what looks like a standard ignition terminal. So possibly the technology has progressed to a point where these 'Blowthrough' plugs can now be initiated by conventional spark ignition components without any tertiary transformer action to the Gigavoltage range needed to produce the initial plasma glob.

They say they are using 'capacitors' in the press release:

http://www.eworldwire.com/pressreleases/17760

WOAH! Huge Photo Image. Link instead!

http://www.eworldwire.com/mediauploads/29228_224437_1192052518.jpg

Another competing Plasma Globber, using strange electrodes as well:

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/Firestorm.html

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
.... During my tennure there it was common for Depot to install cheap 'converters' on the Magneto Leads that were supposed to convert the magneto pulse into a high enough energy pulse to trigger the ignition process through some sort of transformer action...but they never worked like when they did the proper retrofit of the Laser Distribution Module. Typical Governmental Bumbling. ....

Tony,

Any chance you have any of those "cheap converters" available for testing?