HybridZ

bought my first z so many ???

I purchased a 1973 datsun 240z yesterday and now I am wondering where to start o

n it. I know I am a newbie and I shoulld use the search but really just wants some general answer for now.

1. Where can i find the euro bumpers for my car?

2. What are the biggest size wheel and tires I can fit on my Z.

3. Does any make a conversion harness for the 350z motor?

4. Does anyone sell the 5 lug conversion?

5. Lastly who's car is this? And how can I get in contact with him?

IMG_2361.jpg

You can fit 32" x 15" tires... if you have the time and money.

There's always someone making a harness like that.

Someone makes the 5 lug conversion.

You can do ANYTHING with these cars if you have the time and money.

Welcome to the clusterf*ck of time and money that is owning a z car. It's great to have another among us!

I purchased a 1973 datsun 240z yesterday and now I am wondering where to start o

n it. I know I am a newbie and I shoulld use the search but really just wants some general answer for now.

1. Where can i find the euro bumpers for my car?

2. What are the biggest size wheel and tires I can fit on my Z.

3. Does any make a conversion harness for the 350z motor?

4. Does anyone sell the 5 lug conversion?

1. What do you mean by "Euro bumpers"? Would you like to get rid of the bumper guards?

2. Like badjuju said - any wheel can be tucked into a S30 wheel well, it's just a matter of hours and hours of labor put into the car. Do you have stock fenders, ZG flares, custom fiberglass rear quarters, or maybe something else?

3. No. Austin (240hoke) is in process of a VQ35 swap, you may want to read though this thread.

4. Yes, Modern Motorsports sells a Z31 hub conversion kit.

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=59

Next time before you post - search. I'm also a newbie here, but I gained a lot of information that I needed from the forum archives. One more thing - no offense, but if you plan on putting huge wheels on that Z "just to look good", you're in the wrong place. I think that 99% of the forum users are interested in being FAST, not the so-called "Bling Factor"...

okay so i know everyone here will tell you to do a search to look for answers to your question but i figure if i could take the time to at least reply to your post i might as well try and answer you questions.. whats the point of an open forum if all we do is search all the time since every question ever asked has been answered at some point in time on this board.. whether or not you'll find answers to your question is something different..

#1 i'll assume that your talking about "skinny bumpers" or bumpers so i'll just direct you to thezstore.com they have carbon fiber, fiberglass and replacement metal bumpers for your car

#2 its just common sense that you could "in theory" fit any size wheel and tire under the fenders of a z car but i don't think thats what you meant.. i'm not sure about tires but as far as rims go i thing the biggest you could go without rubbing is 17x7.5 with a +4 offset, if you don't know your lug pattern is 4x114.3.. if i'm wrong i'm almost 100% sure someone will correct me

#3 i'm not sure but the 350z motor takes a crap ton of work to install in your z and if your like me and want all the bells and whistles that came with your car like a/c its prol not worth it in the long run.. look for an l28et or swap in a supra or skyline motor.. you could also put in a ka24 turbo or sr20

#4 yes they do http://www.modern-motorsports.com/ca...products_id=59

also http://www.arizonazcar.com sells a pretty nice kit also

#5 http://web.mac.com/markrolston/NewSite/Z-car.html yes that is mark's car and his car was featured in superstreet a couple of months ago.. its pure sex on wheels.. he has an rb26dett its pretty sick..

sorry for the negative feedback you got for posting earlier.. it is true you could have done a search and came up with the same answers but you did have a valid question and i know a little bit so i figured i would help you out.. i hate posting here sometimes b/c i know i'll get those words "did you do a search" pop up at least twice... and welcome to the club

Hey thanks a bunch for all those who responded with answer they are greatly appreciated. I was on my way to work and just wanted some quick answer for those that were in the know so I can get pointed in the right direction.( For all those do a search newbie) I'm sorry and will do a through search before I ask a question next time. But once again thank you for taking the time to respond I can't wait to dive into this car.

okay so i know everyone here will tell you to do a search to look for answers to your question but i figure if i could take the time to at least reply to your post i might as well try and answer you questions.. whats the point of an open forum if all we do is search all the time since every question ever asked has been answered at some point in time on this board.. whether or not you'll find answers to your question is something different..

#1 i'll assume that your talking about "skinny bumpers" or bumpers so i'll just direct you to thezstore.com they have carbon fiber, fiberglass and replacement metal bumpers for your car

#2 its just common sense that you could "in theory" fit any size wheel and tire under the fenders of a z car but i don't think thats what you meant.. i'm not sure about tires but as far as rims go i thing the biggest you could go without rubbing is 17x7.5 with a +4 offset, if you don't know your lug pattern is 4x114.3.. if i'm wrong i'm almost 100% sure someone will correct me

#3 i'm not sure but the 350z motor takes a crap ton of work to install in your z and if your like me and want all the bells and whistles that came with your car like a/c its prol not worth it in the long run.. look for an l28et or swap in a supra or skyline motor.. you could also put in a ka24 turbo or sr20

#4 yes they do http://www.modern-motorsports.com/ca...products_id=59

also www.arizonazcar.com sells a pretty nice kit also

#5 http://web.mac.com/markrolston/NewSite/Z-car.html yes that is mark's car and his car was featured in superstreet a couple of months ago.. its pure sex on wheels.. he has an rb26dett its pretty sick..

sorry for the negative feedback you got for posting earlier.. it is true you could have done a search and came up with the same answers but you did have a valid question and i know a little bit so i figured i would help you out.. i hate posting here sometimes b/c i know i'll get those words "did you do a search" pop up at least twice... and welcome to the club