HybridZ

heads up about buying rota's from pop site

so i just went ahead and after a week of trying to get all of my paypal info set.. calling back and forth with my bank, sitting on hold with paypal for about 20 minutes.. whatever

so anyways i was trying to buy some rota rb rims 17x7.5 +4 from 18racing.com but they apparently only have 17x8.5 with a +4 and it will be another month for the 7.5's to come in..

i'm not saying these guys aren't a good source for cheap rota rims, all i'm saying is that if your looking to purchase this size wheel from them wait a month and don't end up like me, as i've already paid for them and now i'm stuck waiting even longer for a set of wheels while my car sits and i can't drive it

okay so i just got off of the phone with a customer service rep and i was told that they would put the money back into my account and to call them back at the end of the month to check and see if the 17x7.5 wheels would come in they do have 16x8's in stock and 17x8.5 if anyone is interested so anyways i'll keep you guys updated

so its been over a week and i'm still waiting on getting my money so i'm pretty angry about this whole situation right now b/c i was planning on driving my car home 500mi to s.c. since my pops is back from overseas.. anyways i'll keep u guys posted

That's wierd. I'm in the same boat. I want the 7.5" wide with +4 offset.

The contact @ Rota said it will be awhile...it's been months since they said that. So, I checked with the salesperson at 18.racing and they said it will be another three months (and that was a couple of weeks ago).

I know it's not good to speculate, but I bet they're still making the first batch and they might be on "the slow boat from China" as I type...

BUT, any vendor should know that you cannot (I think lawfully) charge anyone for an item until the item is shipped.

HTH, -Hugh

thanks for the feedback man!! i'm not planning on waiting on these guys any longer then i have to.. i mean i called them in advance to find out if they had the wheels and they told me yes.. when i go ahead and try to order them then they tell me that they are out of stock and that the rims should be in in a month.. yeah i'm going to contact paypal and see if i can get my money back

I would just deal direct with the Rota North American Rep... He can be found at rotawheel.com or rotausa.com. We are currently in the process of ordering up a group buy (25+ people, it is in motion) for 17x9.5" -19 RB's. I find him okay to deal with, he is clearly busy and there is a bit of a language gap, but so far so good. I figure he is as close to the top as I am going to get. I have delt with 18racing before, I didn't like their follow up personally. Seemed like they talked more than they could deliver.

well yeah i got off of the phone with these guys today and 18racing told me that they could send me a set of 17x7.5in rims with a 20mm offset which i think should fit after talking to a couple of different people.. if i have any advice for anyone trying to deal with 18gracing...DON"T their customer service sucks and i was having the hardest time trying to get my money back.. HOPEFULLY i get the right rims and hopefully they fit.. they should be in, in 5 days so i'll keep you guys posted.. i really wanted a nice set of volks but they only came in 16's anyways i'll let ya'll know how things pan out

man i am so F#@$ angry right now.. b/c now that the rims are supposedly in the mail AND these guys are so hard to work with i highly doubt they will be easy to deal with if the wheels don't fit.. one word of advice though, if you can deal with someone else with a better reputation then do it.. i've been messing around with these guys for almost 3 weeks now and i still don't have the wheels that i want

i'll keep you guys posted and i wouldn't have an issue with them about my wheels fitting if they didn't look in their "chart" and tell me that these wheels would def fit.. they made it seem as if they've sold these rims to other z car owners b4.. anyways i'll keep you guys informed on these wheels and i'll let you know if they fit or not

I think you're going to be much better off with +20 than you would have been with +4. Using spacers isn't a problem, as it allows you to dial in the wheel placement to exactly where you want it to be. Someone else posted up pic's with the +4 offset and it appears that it doesn't fit without flares.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126343

I think you're going to be much better off with +20 than you would have been with +4. Using spacers isn't a problem, as it allows you to dial in the wheel placement to exactly where you want it to be. Someone else posted up pic's with the +4 offset and it appears that it doesn't fit without flares.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126343

He is using a 7.5" rim though, not 8.5". If I understand correctly. That should change things.

I am considering the same wheels. I am thinking of going with the 17X7.5 with a 20 offset for front and 17X8.5 with 4 offset for the rear. Does anyone know if this will fit without rubbing. The car is lowered with msa springs. I like the staggered look so it will match my 350z. I would like the rear rim to stretch all the way to the outside line of the fender.

well my "RIM" and i say rim because thats all that came in the mail was one rim... they set it up pretty nice and it does look like good quality BUT don't go with a 20mm offset if your trying to get a set of rotas... they will prob fit on the back without rubbing but on the front, you will want to go with a little bit lower offset.. hopefully the rest of my wheels will come in on the 29th when they are scheduled to come in