HybridZ

Best Coil Overs?

Guest GaryZ

Once again i feel like a dumbass. When i posted that it was late. i tricked myself even. i looked at the sight again today... you get everything but the springs for like 49$ each. What a bummer huh? :rolleyes: I was looking forward to them already. :(

But here is the sight anyways incase you already have springs.

sorry guys

Dave Turner

Originally posted by BRAD D:

i like my Ground Control's just not lovin the color of them.

Brad, what colours would you like? Sleeves can be different colours as can be the springs ;)

Just for extra info Dave's setup referenced above prices at $120.50/corner as follows(quoted from his web):

Threaded sleeves with upper and lower spring seats for 2 1/2" springs(not a locking lower spring seat). $44.95ea.

Jam nut for locking lower spring seat. Usually not needed.) $9.95ea.

Special machined collar for locating threaded sleeves on the strut housing. $12.50ea.

2 1/2" I.D. springs. Rates available form 70 to 700lbs. $53.00

Total of $482.

Guest Anonymous

No need to get down on your self Ed just be glad you had the foresight to catch the fine print.Mike Gibson or Ross C would never feature a picture of a coilover strut assembly representing a 240-280 strut assembly that was not such. What is pictured is not a 240-280 strut assembly.. maybe a Honda for all I know.... maybe a rear 280 ZX strut but not 240-280 Z material.What you need is a spring,adjusting sleeve, adjusting nut,top hat or thin tube to center top of coil to the spring strut (3 bolt) mounting insulator and a lower spring perch

Tee Zee aka TomaHawk Z

From my 'old Z' days, I though Dave Turner stuff was 'upper end' am I wrong and things have changed?

Don't get me wrong, I think the current members stuff is great, and have been buying stuff to upgrade the E-Prod car (probably half of which is illegal according to an unamed racing org).

Hate to be a pain, but if some 'great Z god' wouldn't mine listing some sites for enhancements and upgrades (like I think I saw this on, once again, an un-named Z site) I, for one, would be gratefully in debt!

Thanks guys

Gary

Guest Anonymous

Gary..I really do not understand your post...Dave Turner "stuff" is most likely upper end.....my point is that all this "old Z stuff" and it's vendors are fading awaaaaaaaay (and gone fast and furious with Honda)What may have been a strong business concern a year ago, today is the ghost of an aberation of a fading memory. I would prefer as a group to support our vendor/members who by all accounts can beat or meet the prices of upper end stuff with their own upper end stuff that is becomong more scarce to source. I would suspect that in the western world there are relatively few coil spring makers with a lot of upper end names tacking their names on the springs. Does Carrera make their own spings or if they do ..how many more upper end names use their name on the Carrera products.Have you tried lately to obtain some wide rear wheel drive 4 lug wheels... you will be looking at wide Hondas and spacer adapters for the Z. very frustrating.

As TomahawkZ says, a lot of the Z tuner stuff has faded, but its still out there in custom form. Most of the guys who built early stuff will still do it, but it will take more time and cost more money.

You're just not going to find early Z stuff on web sites, in the Summit catalog, etc. The critical mass has long since disappeared to make marketing specificly to early Zs cost effective.

You find the early Z performance parts via word of mouth and enthusiast sites like this one. Spend time talking to the vendors recommended.

Guest Anonymous

Quote from Gary Z eek2.gif "but if some 'great Z gods wouldn't mine listing some sites for enhancements and upgrades".....Gary: after scrolling down and seeing nono.gif the names John C and Ross C posting and the rockon.gif websites offered by other members.. believe me the hail.gif Hybrid Wizards have spoken cuss.gif and it don't get no better arond this flamedevil.gif renagade website.!

So what is the final verdict? I am in the same boat. I have a '70 240z. I would prefer coilovers, as I'm doing an rb26dett conversion, and cannot estimate the change in weight to compensate, at this point. But if there are good springs out there, lemme at em!

and I have only been able to find tein's for 300zx's

Oh and Ross: I will e-mail you this week concerning the rear disc kit, and the rear end.

-Andre (Nerdigger@aol.com)