HybridZ

5.3 installed into a 77 280

Looking good Jamar!!

I can't wait to hear about the first drive.

Looks like a great start. Are you concerned about how much of the radiator frame you cut out for the air filter? I thought that was a pretty critical part of the unibody support for the front end.

Regarding the radiator support, this was my old 400hp turbo L28 car. I had trimmed away the rad support to allow the air filter hose amd intercooler pi-ping to all enter/exit from the drivers front. I noticed no ill effects. :)

Regarding the radiator support, this was my old 400hp turbo L28 car. I had trimmed away the rad support to allow the air filter hose amd intercooler pi-ping to all enter/exit from the drivers front. I noticed no ill effects. :)

That's good to know. I need to "adjust" mine for my AC lines but have been reluctant to cut even a little out of it. I remember when Batman cut the top of his out for his cold air setup people went crazy saying he lost a lot of structural integrity. Of course he did cut out the top rail, not just the side sheet metal.

good job!!!

That looks great ...would love to find out more about this swap. Elaborate! how did you do it? are you using Ls1 acessories like water pump? i notice you are using the ls1 intake. i am doing the same swap ad would love to hear more about it. Keep up the good work

well as you see the motor is in but i still have to drop the tranny to install cooler lines and then run them, i also have to get a flexible tranny dipstick and throttle cable for the car after that i install the driveshaft and then drive the car to the muffler shop to hace the exhaust connected

to dlouis7 i tried to call you but no one answered and my area code is 904 and about the electrical i had a buddy of mine just tell me what wires had to be hooked up and i spliced them into the 280's harness which is mostly alot of power wires that go to the battery and to the accessories and since i am running a 4l60e i will be using an electrical speedo