HybridZ

Getting a 2nd Job??? Need Advice.....

JSM

Wife and I had fight, of coures about money. I make good money 90K-ish and she has a new business in Interior Design..... slllllllooooooooowwwwww. Were (I) just over spend, don't want to blame her.

Anyway, I do ebay to support my habbits, but I'm thinking of a second Job. I've ALWAYS wanted to be in sales and have been told to go into sales and have been asked if I'm in sales, so I want to give it a shot.

Suggestions? Would like to do it part time, see money come in and be worth my while (No Amway (etc.), not that there is anything wrong with it.)

Thanks,

Jeff

Find something you enjoy talking about, find something that you know inside and out, find something you believe in. Then sell it.

Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner! If you have good presence and are selling something with a market that you KNOW and BELIEVE in, you will do well.

Write a buget+stick to it+ pay off bills=lots of money without more work. The practice in dicipline will also help in a lasting marriage! You can take that to the bank! pun.

I just realized how much money I've been wasting. I just went through my budget and should make enough, with a little left over.

There were categories that can be adjusted lower with discipline.

Good advise non the less.

I'll input my $.02.

Car sales is NOT fun for someone just entering the business. Its a total different sale than any other sale out there. You are percieved as a liar by customers and will be treated like one. Business is VERY cyclical for a beginner until you have repeat customers.

I'm a leader in my business for sales and I've tried car sales as I thought it would be a good fit since I love cars, know cars and I can sell. Not the case with car sales.

its all in your personality though, some can, some can't. I couldn't, yet I'm #1 in my office and #4 in my company currently at age 25... who knew...

good luck though, I'm just saying car sales isn't anywhere near what I'd want in a 2nd job.

If you try car sales just be honest I would much rather have a honest sales man then one who says the rust on the brake rotors is a coating to make them last longer and doesn't tell me to go WOT in a new SE-R. Then there was that honest sales man who got out money. Just FYI from a customers stand point.

I think you should really think about things and prioritize. Is it worth it to have a second job and not have any free time or time to spend with you family... just so you can spend more on toys and not have time to use them?

I think it will just lead to more arguments in the long run. Most people would be overjoyed to be able to bring in 90K a year.

I think you should really think about things and prioritize. Is it worth it to have a second job and not have any free time or time to spend with you family... just so you can spend more on toys and not have time to use them?

I think it will just lead to more arguments in the long run. Most people would be overjoyed to be able to bring in 90K a year.

Hoke, If i remember correctly, you are a realitivly (to me at least) young guy, that's about as good as advice as I could ever hope to have at your age.

JSM, I am about to be in almost exactly the same boat, my wife leaving a 50K'ish accounting job and going back to school for graphic design next semester. I don't make much more than her, but I'm pretty sure we can easily manage on what I make. True, Tulsa is probably alot cheaper than Floriday, but like Hoke stated above, it's about setting priorities. My car has been a project for 4+ years now, always taking 2nd or 3rd to whatever else is going on in my life, and it's ALWAYS there when I'm done w/ those other things.

Support your wifes endevors first, if sales is something you want to pursue, go for it. Life is too short not to enjoy what you do for a living.

My .02

I got a couple of pennies too. 1- There's some smart people here, 2-Communication is key, know the problem, get a plan. If a second job is the answer, that's fine. If a second job is to support a out of contol lifestyle, that opens a can of ugly little worms.