HybridZ

My 4500 dollar R32 GT-R

nakagusukumike

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh okay, I've been here since 2002 and am a lifer as well. Getting ready to build a house in 2010.

Well I'm finally keeping up with the GTS-t that used to always get away from me :heh_heh:

Got the following open issues with the car:

Finish the body work / rust repair.

Cooling -> My rear coolant hose (into the firewall) is leaking coolant. This causes my coolant level to go down then it gets progressively worse and purges. The seal on my radiator cap is fucked too.

New thick radiator.

Resevior system that raises the water level above the head.

New cooling hoses all around.

Flush the ♥♥♥♥ reallllly good. Still got mad rust coming out of the block.

Front right CV Boot is cracked.

Attessa pump is leaking PS Fluid.

Relocate the oil cooler now that I've got the bumper that accomodates it. Move the oil filter down as well and use a quick release valve for draining. I did an oil change today and it only took 4 quarts to fill it due to oil left in the lines and oil cooler. I didn't take the cooler off and drain it so I didn't get a full change done but... next oil change the ♥♥♥♥ will be relocated. Not dealing with that.

In doing my oil change I dripped some oil on my alternator (only thing I can think of that happened). Right as I finished doing my oil change the idle voltage went from its usual 14.4v (as read from the PFC) to 12.4v. I sprayed that bitch with brake cleaner then let it get hot, voltage creeped back up to 14.4 after just over an hour. Something must have been wet. Another reason to lower the oil filter (and also make room for the coolant res.).

That is all for now, except obviously brakes and tires. PEACE!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's only one reason, and it's the same reason it's hard to get a lot of vehicles registered and taken care of all the importing dealings here... The engine. That's it, the engine. And it's not because it's special. It's not because it's powerful. It's because it never came in a production car here in the USA. If nissan RIGHT NOW TODAY released a new sedan with a RB26DET you could easily legally smog and register a R32GTR here in the states as long as you equipped the car with the new sedan's emission systems, ignition system, and EMS.

And there's nothing anywhere that states that the "United States of America won't allow these cars on their land" or even to be registered for that matter. It's just a PITA because the laws aren't written in order to make it easy. It's like an architect making a house boat, of course it's not going to work well. Politicians aren't importers, and havn't written the laws to make it easy for us enthusiasts.

There's only 2 people last time I checked that can legalize an imported car for you here in the bay area. One is actually in richmond, not more than 5 miles from where I live. I'm sorry to say but the guy is an idiot and doesn't know a ton about cars honestly, and is constantly offloading his work onto other state refs because he doesn't want to deal with stuff he doesn't know anything about. But if you can get him to do it, he can basically verify for the state that your car has been modified to be legal in this state to be smogged and registered as a XXXXX vehicile with XXXXX engine.

actually there have been extensive tests that have explained in detail why they cant be over here....1 reason being smog.....but the biggest reason is that it didnt pass our crash standards....those cars cant with stand any impact to the doors....so if you get t-boned...your screwed.....there is a company that redoes these cars in california the right way...he put stonger supports in the bumpers and he puts supports in both the doors and also stiffens the chassie.....i forgot the name of the company but you can probably find them on google...but they arent cheap....i think it was 10xxx for a titled body with no motor or trans with the crash stardard upgrades.....or one with the motor and trans(with the adjustments for smog and the adjustments for air quality and elevation) for 20xxx...dont quote me but its close