HybridZ

VIDEO of my coldstart settings

big-phil

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Informative Video, Phil.

I've had a lot of trouble with mine these past few weeks starting my car in the cold, partially because I don't have an IAC or valve to give the car more air at cold start like you do. Here are the warmup enrichment settings I am at:

40deg and colder - 180%

60deg - 170%

80deg - 160%

100deg - 155%

130deg - 145%

of course, my car doesn't start below 40degrees, so I have to leave it in the garage (my guess is it stays at least 45-50degrees there even when it freezes). Maybe 180 is too much at 40, I'll try lowering it and see what happens.

PS: Also, my req fuel for stock turbo injectors is at 10.2 and the VE table % around idle is between 20 and 30.

Funny, I went to the shed and tuned my cold start values today. It was about 22 degrees here though. All those values on the right side of your chart are blank. Mine are all filled in values that I am using to tune with. ( I guess it depends on if you are using tables or two-point corrections though)

If the engine fires up and then dies, you need more ASE or a longer count of ASE (after start enrichment). You should also add some priming pulswidth to purge the injectors prior to cranking. Anyhow, nice vid and exactly what I was doing today, except colder, snowier, and icier, with no flip-flops!

My mixtures and timing are right about where yours are too. I am a little less on the advance...about 27. The AE is about the same also.