HybridZ

what turbo for this setup

Kooneon

I am doing a blow thru setup on my 260z. I plan on going with the holley style carb setup to make running this setup easier. I also will be using a turbo prepped Demon 650cfm carb, so fuel isnt a problem. I was wondering what turbo i should use. I want it to mount up as easy as possible. Spooling isnt an issue, i'd prefer 3000 rpm range for spool not peak boost. let me know what you guys think.

I am doing a blow thru setup on my 260z. I plan on going with the holley style carb setup to make running this setup easier. I also will be using a turbo prepped Demon 650cfm carb, so fuel isnt a problem. I was wondering what turbo i should use. I want it to mount up as easy as possible. Spooling isnt an issue, i'd prefer 3000 rpm range for spool not peak boost. let me know what you guys think.

Have you considered csu carbs? that's what most use with blowthru and having great succes with

I am going blowthru also but with a homebuilt edelbrock

I am going to use a holset hy35 turbo...

hoping for 300+ hp when finished

First let me start by saying that I have zero knowledge on this set-up. I'm building up a F54/P90 engine for my new '71 240Z project and the guy who's helping me with the build (Mike's Z Shop, Whittier,CA) suggested a carb/turbo set-up. We've been looking for an intake manifold for a single 2 barrel carb and when I suggested the Arizona Z 4 barrel manifold he said it wouldn't work. If have more knowledge on the set-up then you are way ahead of me and I'd appreciate any advice. Good luck.

Julius

I think that I mistated the above. Apparently the carb/turbo set-up Mike's Z shop is helping me out with is different using a different style intake manifold. My appologies. Like I said earlier, I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. Sorry for the confusion.

i talked to mike this morning and after debating with him for about 10 minutes, we realized that the reason he said that the arizona z manifold cant be used is because he was talking about a draw-thru setup. I am going blow thru and running an intercooler and blow off valve. (looks, sound and performance) If you go blow-thru might cost you a little more but it will be what you want. At least i think so. seems safer too. And just for the sake of saying it... Mike Z said he's been around plenty of blow-thru Z setups and even has had one. They're actually on his favorites list. Thought i'd say it cause a lot of people hate on the blow-thru setup, but thought i'd say. Hope that it helps with what you are trying to do.