HybridZ

Motor came in!! Couple MORE questions.. it never ends

Got the engine today, one thing I overlooked while thinking stuff through was the throttle body on the truck.. same as LS1? or do I need to scoop up one of those too..

The engine looked ok, dirty, but ok. There are 2 coil packs messed up, the circular tower part you plug the plug wire into, two of them have a peice chipped off of them, not sure If its going to be a concern.

6k574ef.jpg

well i am doing the same swap and my throtle body was drive by wire. i have retained the drive by wire feature because i am using the original harness otherwise the throttle bodies are the same size. i know because i purchased a ls1 throttle body spacer and i fit perfectly.

Im using an LS1 intake. Already have the JTR headers, 05 GTO T56 tranny with B&M short shift, RAM lvl 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, LQ4/LS1 intake tune, LS2 oil pan. Hoping for around 400 reliable horsepower with my setup. :shock:

Ive done the research on the motor setup. These things can make awesome power for a VERY low price.

I was planning on running a cable throttle. Dont tell me where Im throwin money.

The trucks throttle body is a common upgrade on the LS1's, stock LS1 is 75mm and the trucks is 85mm. I think you need to "read up".

Wrong. The 85mm throttle bodies on the trucks are ELECTRONIC, not cable, which are the 80mm ones. Which is what you have.

6 months ago I was going down the same route as you, was going to drop in an LQ4 and T-56. I went for it because LQ4's are cheap, and make amazing power for very little money. They also offer good gas mileage. But I got out after I realized that all the extras were going to take a toll because I was going with a Gen 3 motor. A T-56 is hard to find for less than a thousand bucks, and the conversion to a carb'd 3rd gen is going to be at least another 600 bucks.

Hard to do when your neighbor is selling a intake-to-pan 350 and a muncie 4 speed ready to go for a 1,000 bucks...

Wrong. The 85mm throttle bodies on the trucks are ELECTRONIC, not cable, which are the 80mm ones. Which is what you have.

6 months ago I was going down the same route as you, was going to drop in an LQ4 and T-56. I went for it because LQ4's are cheap, and make amazing power for very little money. They also offer good gas mileage. But I got out after I realized that all the extras were going to take a toll because I was going with a Gen 3 motor. A T-56 is hard to find for less than a thousand bucks, and the conversion to a carb'd 3rd gen is going to be at least another 600 bucks.

Hard to do when your neighbor is selling a intake-to-pan 350 and a muncie 4 speed ready to go for a 1,000 bucks...

Top Secret... I've edited your post and I don't want to have to do it again. I suggest you read or reread our posting rules.

You've been warned...

LARRY