HybridZ

delta cam 270-260

cjames

I just got there 292/282 turbo cam. The price was right but the duration and lift wasn't what the cam card says at .050" Took a while to figure out how to degree it in as the closing was way off, finally went with lobe centerline. They used a rocker ratio of 1.6 instead of 1.5. Kinda upset at the lift more than the duration as I wanted more but they didn't have it and now it's even less. Ask what the specs are with a 1.5 rocker arm ratio.

• 9 months later...

I've been using Delta Camshaft for years and I love these guys and they are only a 30 minute drive from my house! I have had five different cams ground there and @ $50. for a cam grind plus $3. per cam follower surfacing, It's a bargain!! But I honestly have to say that while trying to degree my cam with my new supercharge rebuild, I end up with different readings at the valve lift than my cam is supposed to be. Maybe my error, or maybe the rocker ratio like you guys are suggesting. If a Chevy rocker ratio is something like 1.4, and a L-motor is 1.5, then that is a substantial amount. I am going to talk to Mike at Delta and see what's goin on

I If a Chevy rocker ratio is something like 1.4, and a L-motor is 1.5, then that is a substantial amount. I am going to talk to Mike at Delta and see what's goin on

What does your cam card say the ratio is? Did you just get that cam for $50? I think I paid around $70 0r $75. It was supposed to be $65. I guess it depends on when you call:?

What does your cam card say the ratio is? Did you just get that cam for $50? I think I paid around $70 0r $75. It was supposed to be $65. I guess it depends on when you call:?

Actually, I never got a cam card with any of these cams for some reason. He just said run it STRAIGHT UP and since I was installing them in the car, I didnt bother with a degree wheel and went by the book. Now that the motor is out of the car, I am using a degree wheel and it seems that STRAIGHT UP may not be what I thought it was.