HybridZ

Dipstick relocation

DirtySouthZ

Any tips for removing and relocating RB25DET dipstick to rear slump location???? I have the brass plug out, but having a trouble getting the dipstick out of the front slump hole w/o damage to stick. Should I heat the outside of the block? I did search this topic and saw that STONY and others run two sticks, but I'm hoping to reuse the orginal. Thank you to all for any suggestions!

I'm assuming you have the dip stick removed from the outer sleeve while doing this, correct?

The outer sleeve casing has a rolled area that is there for a stop, to prevent it from sliding further into the block, You need to get your self a flat punch, or a good flat head screw driver and pry between the block and the rolled hump on the casing, and that will separate the casing where you can wiggle it and rotate it to where it will slide up and out.

Thats how I did it. :icon14:

I wish mine was that easy. That was first attempt with a good chisel for about 30 mins. or so. I'm thinking the same thing w/ heat on the block to expand and help losen it. It seems some what seized up in there. Should I use anit-seize when i reinstall in the rear location? Thank you.

I'm assuming you have the dip stick removed from the outer sleeve while doing this, correct?

The outer sleeve casing has a rolled area that is there for a stop, to prevent it from sliding further into the block, You need to get your self a flat punch, or a good flat head screw driver and pry between the block and the rolled hump on the casing, and that will separate the casing where you can wiggle it and rotate it to where it will slide up and out.

Thats how I did it. :icon14:

you sly bastard. :icon55: