my 1jz 260z

timbo1jz

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, thats what I am doing right now. The interior is being done right now, and I hate doing it. I hate doing the cleaning ect.,but it will be running soon. The wiring is easy so i am not worried about that.

That's funny - most people say just the opposite. It's probably the case again where people who don't know what they're doing make it seem insurmountable for those who could or would... like me. :mrgreen:

well, thats what I am doing right now. The interior is being done right now, and I hate doing it. I hate doing the cleaning ect.,but it will be running soon. The wiring is easy so i am not worried about that.

I agree the wiring is not bad at all once you get a understanding for what your trying to do...One things for sure it easier than any gm swap..

How so?

My brother which is helping me with my wiring..did a lt1 swap in a 1967 chevy truck..oh boy the harness on that thing was a nightmare..from what i understand, some of the body harness is infused with the engine harness so you have to decifer through all of that...most import engines has a separate engine harness which is far easier to work with....

• 3 weeks later...
My brother which is helping me with my wiring..did a lt1 swap in a 1967 chevy truck..oh boy the harness on that thing was a nightmare..from what i understand, some of the body harness is infused with the engine harness so you have to decifer through all of that...most import engines has a separate engine harness which is far easier to work with....

man, if the lt1 is a nightmare, then the 1jz/2jz should be a piece of cake. i actually thought the lt1 was pretty simple. im all worried about the 2jz and now that you said that, it makes me more confident cause the lt1 was pretty easy for me. alot of reading but easy.

man, if the lt1 is a nightmare, then the 1jz/2jz should be a piece of cake. i actually thought the lt1 was pretty simple. im all worried about the 2jz and now that you said that, it makes me more confident cause the lt1 was pretty easy for me. alot of reading but easy.

The 2jz is said to be a little harder than the 1jz, im not sure why..but im pretty sure it's easier than any of the fuel injected v8's...Now the vvt usdm 2jz is said to be the hardest out the bunch..because of obdII...Wiring is not hard as long as you know the basics of engine control operation...fuel,spark, volt/amp..etc

• 2 weeks later...

im sure when it comes around, i should be able to tackle it. the lt1 is easy cause there are alot of aftermarket computer programmers out there to use and its pretty much x this and x that, reset and your done. too bad thers not anything out there for the 1jz/2jz that is affordable.

well guys, the rain this past month has killed me on progress. Anytime I get a day off, it rains :cuss:. Anyways, I'm back on the project more than ever and I am ready to get this thing running very soon. I made my aluminum intercooler pipes finally and had a friend TIG weld them for me and they came out bitchin'. Damn I wish I could weld aluminum! Anyways, I used 2.75" piping, because I thought that 2.5" would be a bit too small and 3" would be a bit too big, so I found a happy medium. I also had him weld on a tial BOV flange for my tial 50mm BOV. Pipes will be on this weekend along with a custom intake, and I will paint/seal the interior, along with laying down the sound deadening mat. Here are some pics of the pipes-

260zzz214.jpg

260zzz215.jpg

thanks gritz. The only thing that I am worried about in both of our setups is that running a filter directly on the turbo means that their is no room to have an intake tube with a fitting to suck out the crankcase vapors. We can't run a catch can, but I am thinking that venting the valve cover will be enough to release the pressure.

thanks gritz. The only thing that I am worried about in both of our setups is that running a filter directly on the turbo means that their is no room to have an intake tube with a fitting to suck out the crankcase vapors. We can't run a catch can, but I am thinking that venting the valve cover will be enough to release the pressure.

While not a real clean look, it would be easy enough to basically poke a hole in part of the filter and have a nipple sticking out of it. There are fittings out there that can poke out of the filter and have a nut that threads to seal it tight. Just have it poke out on the side of the filter facing the turbo; I'm of course not talking about the filter element (ie cloth/paper) but the plastic or rubber.

Yep, your right...Ive seen people run the little auto zone filters...but i would much rather do it the right way...Once i get to a more comfortable spot with my build then I'll figure something out...unless you come up with something first..:wink: