my 1jz 260z

timbo1jz

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its nice too have a day off for thanksgiving, so I got a little done on the Z today. Decided that I wanted to recirculate my wastegate so I can hear the lovely sound of the 1jz. I modifyed my downpipe for the wastegate recirculation and a toyota 1jz 02 sensor. Also have the Zeitronix wideband installed. It was interesting welding on stainless steel with a shielded wire feed welder, but it came out very nice. Got it all painted and heat wrapped too. Here are some pics.

1jzud028.jpg

260zzz112.jpg

260zzz116.jpg

260zzz118.jpg

It is a 16 gallon. I forgot it was a 16 and thought I ended up with a 12, but it is a 16 gallon. Summit racing cell, with foam, sump and a 0-90ohm sending unit so it works with autometer gauges.

edit: If i did it all over again, I would have gone with the 12 gallon because it leaves more room to run the exhaust with 3" piping, but it can be done either way.

Yup hate to tell you but those Widebands are wayyyyy to close, your gonna fry 180 bucks worth of sensors in a few minutes of driving. I would mount them down near your transmission bell housing right at the base of your DP.

Swap is looking goo though, should be a beast. Q45 rear end mounting stuff looks really good.

One of my friends ran it that close on his car and never had a problem, so I not too woried. My down pipe has another o2 bund furthur down, so I can move it if it becomes a problem. The other sensor is a factory Toyota O2 sensor, and they are that close to the turbo from the factory,

The sensors will be fine...trust me..

well the 02 sensors will be since its mounted there stock. but all over supraforums and supramania people have mounted the wideband at the bottom. close to the test pipe. but iether way its up to the owner

i personally run it that close but after reading that it would roast the sensor i decided to move it back. better safe than sorry.

where did you buy your fuel lines? what size?

I am running all Jegs fittings on my fuel system. They are a great price, and assemble easy. I am running a -8an feed to a bosch 044 pump, and then running a -6an feed to the fuel rail from the pump. I am running a -6an fuel return line to the fuel cell.

Got some new updates. Replaced the ball joints, wheel bearings/races, and removed the stock spring perches off the strut tubes. Got my new gound control coilovers courtesy of Edan from Silvermine motors who was a great help with setting up my suspension. He is a great guy to deal with for big brakes and suspension. Here are a couple of pics.

260zzz121.jpg

260zzz122.jpg

260zzz124.jpg260zzz125.jpg

All of the rain we are getting here in So Cal is killing me on my progress. Anyways I got my coilovers assembled in the garage out of the rain today. Had the strut assemblies painted and the new spring perches welded on. Can't wait to get them on the car. Here are a few pics.

260zzz126.jpg

260zzz131.jpg

260zzz133.jpg

Installed some new Falkons on my sportmax 513's. They look sweet and hopefully be on the car within a couple weeks. This is the last leg on my suspension to be finished, so after this, then I will have it running very soon. Its all downhill from here :mrgreen:. A couple of pics-

260zzz134.jpg

260zzz137.jpg

Well, had a bad day today. I got all my new coilover suspenion together and evrything was going great until I got to the right rear. Couldn't for the life of me get the rear strut to line up with the lower control arm to knock the new spindle pin in. Turns out the the strut is bent pretty badly. I didn't notice it when it was out of the car, but now I can clearly see. These were bought used and I never saw them installed. I have a backup that I can use, but I need to modify it for the coilover and swap the bearings and stuff all over again, and paint it all over again. Gonna set me back some time :-(