HybridZ

81zxt donor for s30

drowz

here we go. There is an 1981 ZXT that doesn't run (not that it matters) near where I live. I don't want the turbo off of it and I plan on rebuilding the engine and putting flat top pistons in so that's that. Would the EFI work easy in the l24? What do I need to hook up. would the efi in this car be okay without the turbo? Would there be enough fuel? And where does the turbo blow through? Intake manifold?

Going on... Would the rear end of this 81zxt match right up in place of the 240's? Does it have posi? Please help me on this one. The Z is my dream car, but it's only my first one so I really need some help. Any input would be greatly appreciated :P

Your putting just the motor in? If that is the case you should be fine if your not running the turbo. Dumb the electrics and stay carbed. You would be better to sell the turbo motor as a whole, electrics and all, and find an N/A motor cheap to do your conversion.

You need to explain what your goals are, year of the s30, etc. Take some time to read alot more on this site in general.

in response to the idaho z car... How much would just a n/a 2.8 cost me? Because I can get this whole car for at the most 400.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what iirc is...

Yeah, I'd be willing to sell turbo stuff, as I don't need it.

Is an l24 worth anything?

Oh yeah, it's a 73 with a 5spd (if that matters:icon56:)