HybridZ

MSA TYPE 3 airdam installed pics

wigenOut-S30

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the hate love thing too but the more i look at it the more i see that with dark color car it fits and with light ones it seems more ricy . The thing i like about it its that its functional !

I really need to order a second one of these for my little experiment...

I want to close off the center openings above and below the bumper, cut in my own smaller opening below the bumper, and then make an adjustable "splitter" that will slide out from under the existing bottom shelf.

Mike

I have had it for many years. over the years I have aquired alot of cool and unique Z parts.

as with many other whale tails. never seen another exactly like this 1.

Closest thing is the California Z tail. try showcars fiberglass.

Gabe not too crazy about that airdam, I had it on my 260z before I got my 300tt, It looked ok, but I really hated the way it was suppose to be mounted. I wanted to create some kind of bumper support that it would sit on instead of just having those mounting points on the headlight buckets. Needless to say I got tired of it after the second time I cracked it. Just my .02 though.

Gabe not too crazy about that airdam, I had it on my 260z before I got my 300tt, It looked ok, but I really hated the way it was suppose to be mounted. I wanted to create some kind of bumper support that it would sit on instead of just having those mounting points on the headlight buckets. Needless to say I got tired of it after the second time I cracked it. Just my .02 though.

I'm making side supports out of aluminum strap and I'm making a piece that holds it to the front of the car so air can only go to the rad and intercooler. Right now it feels pretty stable but it being pretty thin fiberglass I can see it cracking fairly easy. We will see how it goes.