HybridZ

What is a fair price for this?

EvilC

Just wanted to get an idea of what you guys would be willing to pay for this item? I havn't seen a running LS1 Z hit Ebay yet and with that other Z going for 22k last week....leaves me thinking.......chime in guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-240Z-LS1-Project-car-280Z-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ200186093548QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6187QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wonder why he would put that much work into it and sell it now...

From the ad:

Q: Hello, are these Arizona Z products? If you don't get what you want for the whole package would you be willing to seperate? If so let me know thanks....Dec-23-07

A: yes they are from Artzuna Z. Lets see how the auction goes. I had a stroke and want the whole thing gone.

A stroke will interrupt your plans. Looks like a fire sale deal to me. This would be a big jumpstart to someone with the same plans.

From what is disclose, at the very least you can finish one car and/or use parts for a car you already have and sell what you do not use. I say between $14,000.00 and $18,000.00. As you know labor time, "the while I am at it" and the knick knack pieces eat up a wallet and time.

I feel for the guy but lets do the math.

AZC parts 8K

LS1 t56 I found one in OKC a while back that went for 3K on ebay.

So were at 11K

Parts and pieces, fiberglass, tires and wheels 3.5K?

If it was all put together, painted etc it would be a 20K plus car to the right buyer.

If I was in the market I go 10-11K. Sorry it's used parts ie in the hand of somebody besides the OEM.

Just my .02

Me personally, and this is just my opinion ......

He's got a lot of great parts and has done some great work thus far, but I personally wouldn't go for more than half (or slightly over half) that asking price. To me, it just wouldn't be worth it. I'd end up spending a TON of money doing things the way I have wanted them and not the way somebody else had done them.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like he's done an AWESOME job so far, just needs A LOT more work before it's road worthy. To me .... if I'm gonna pay that much for it, it'd better be a completed swap with only minor touch ups needed.... Just my .02

POUNDZ9OH9...I feel the same way. I think he is just trying to break even with the money he spent. I was wondering if I wanted to sell my Z, what in the world would I get for it. I know you NEVER get the money/time you put out but over 20k for a running LS1 Z with nice parts to go with it would be nice.