HybridZ

Greddy intake

abes

Question for the experts....

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a real greddy intake

and a fake(for an rb25det)? To me, they seem to be the same if the greddy intake doesnt have the sticker on it. I've never seen one in person so I'd like to make sure that I don't get ripped off. Is there any distinctive markings or shapes?

I had a website that had them up for about $620 but I can't seem to find it now. If any Knows of any place that has them for a decent price, please let me know..

Thanks....

To tell the difference between the two you will have to look into the throttle body plenum area. On the X02 one there will be small casting flash inside of it from the cheap casting mold. Other than that there isnt a real difference. If you have a long enough shank to clean it all off, it is no big deal, otherwise I would stay away from them. Who wants some metal going through their engine?

I bought the knock off. The intake ports are terrible. They dont line up with the gasket, the casting is bad too. They painted it silver. Which I thought was a little fishy. So I stripped all the paint off. Found the casting was REALLY bad. There was bondo filling alot of dips and flaws in the casting. After seeing that I was unsure if it would handle anything.

So I went and bought a real one. Should've done it from day one.

Anyone wanna buy the fake one? Hehehe

I think the genuine Greddy is a nicer part than the china copy.

I totally agree. It's not worth saving a few $$$ and risking something a lot more expensive in the long run.

Thanks for all the good info guys. I'm actually in the process of getting a

used greddy mani.