HybridZ

Head Removal Tool?

JustinOlson

Where can you buy the triple point that is long enough to get at the cylinder head bolts. I'm trying to pull the head off of my 2JZGE, but am having lots of problems. I was hoping that someone could help me out. The MAC set I have is too short to reach down in the head and get at the bolts.

Regards,

Justin

Guest TeamNissan
Yep Thats it. I found one at napa for $6.

Justin

Be care full with napa, one of those broke on me while torquing down a head AT CORRECT SPECS and its just snapped on me. That lead to a lovely bone reveling gash(or 2) and a smashed hand I could barely move for a week. Keep in mind I always wear mechanic gloves too. I'll never buy napa hand tools again.

On a side note that scarred me as well lol, I wrap a towel around my hand when ever I do serious torquing or loosening.

Be care full with napa, one of those broke on me while torquing down a head AT CORRECT SPECS and its just snapped on me.

No kidding?! Ouch. I'm curious if it snapped at one of the sockets or just the shaft...not that it matters I guess.

I bet the Snap-On will not snap-off. :wink:

Anything can break, thats for sure.

I sheared off a 1/2 inch to 3/8 inch adapter on a breaker bar that was 18" long. I was putting a wheel on! It was def. less then 100ft/lb. It was a craftsman pos unit.

Always protect your hands, I was lucky. Try to PULL instead of PUSH when you are really forcing something. Your less likely to fall forward with the weight of your body.

Evan

Pulling works, except when you are laying on your back and it breaks and you smack youurself in the mouth with the end of the breaker bar and split your lip...speaking from experiance.

Obviously pulling works WITHIN REASON.

I was once using an open ended wrench to remove a seatbelt from a car. It was some chinese POS wrench. It slipped, and I gave myself a bloody nose.

Worst part, was that my buddies all saw it happen. They laughed their asses off.

Evan

Guest TeamNissan

It was the shaft that broke. Just getting the stock out or not, be care full was my point. I was well under stock tq spec when mine snapped, hate to see the same happen to another.

Ya thats another thing too I forgot to mention. Pulling, I always pull now too lol.