HybridZ

Motorsports Technology Inc.

Hey guys,

I live in Houston, about 2 miles away from Motorsport technology inc. http://www.motorsporttech.com/ I have read some really good things about their heads. I was surfing through the internet feeding my addiction to power and found them.

I am thinking about saving up some $$, and going with a set of heads, and a cam for my LS1. Now, they also have some stroker kits. And....., I really would like to go crazy on this build. If money was not an issue, I would go with the 427 c.i. stroker kit with a nice set of heads and a good cam. :hail:

So, whatcha guys think? This stuff is expensive!!! :shock: Do you think 475-525 crank HP is worth 5k? Now, the 427 option is ridiculously expensive 600hp at only 18k (note the sarcasm). But, how cool would it be to have a 600hp naturally aspirated engine.

Anyways, I just want to have a 280z that will stomp vipers. :flamedevi

Any, thoughts and suggestions are welcomed!

Minotaur

Hey guys,

I live in Houston, about 2 miles away from Motorsport technology inc. http://www.motorsporttech.com/ I have read some really good things about their heads. I was surfing through the internet feeding my addiction to power and found them.

I am thinking about saving up some $$, and going with a set of heads, and a cam for my LS1. Now, they also have some stroker kits. And....., I really would like to go crazy on this build. If money was not an issue, I would go with the 427 c.i. stroker kit with a nice set of heads and a good cam. :hail:

So, whatcha guys think? This stuff is expensive!!! :shock: Do you think 475-525 crank HP is worth 5k? Now, the 427 option is ridiculously expensive 600hp at only 18k (note the sarcasm). But, how cool would it be to have a 600hp naturally aspirated engine.

Anyways, I just want to have a 280z that will stomp vipers. :flamedevi

Any, thoughts and suggestions are welcomed!

Minotaur

600 HP N/A s30? talk about a burden to drive anywhere but the drag strip.

Im going to let some of the more experienced members answer that because my comment was based on older threads... however I will give you a quote from scotti-gnz :

We all accept any car that can do 0-60 in under 6-secs as being pretty quick. Most recently Chrysler unvieled the Tomohawk, a Viper V-10 powered motorcycle. They claimed 0-60 in 2.5-secs and I am willing to bet many in this thread would sh*t their pants if they mounted that thing and twisted the throttle. At Reynolds my car had a 60' of 1.49 and 6.621 @ 104.34 at the 1/8-mile. I plotted an acceleration curve from my datalogger and this is what it amounts to: 0-60 in 2.16-secs and 0-100 in 6.21-secs! Yes, it blows the Tomohawk away so you better believe this should scare you as much as riding that bike. Any Z-car with 500hp has that capability. More times than I like to recall I have left a stripe in my shorts launching my car and worse, almost losing it on the the top-end. That is with racing tires, IMHO a well setup suspension, on an enclosed racing circuit and with a healthy dose of respect for this beast. With that kind of power there is no margin for error.

You don't need a stroker kit to hit that HP goal. I have a book where they took a stock LS2 crate motor, had the heads reworked, added a cam and got 572 crank, NA HP. So maybe $2k beyond the price of an LS2.

This is what I was thinking too.. the LSx platform is a great way to get 500+ HP without much trouble or loss of driveability. I'm on ls1tech.com and I see 400+RWHP with a small cam/headers and a tune more or less...

Add a nice set of heads add 30-50hp with a small-ish cam. Big cam plus heads = 500 with a good tune etc...and it will be streetable.

I'm doing the ls1 and a 224/224 561/561 114+4 cam, 1 3/4 headers and an LS6 intake and should be 380-400-ish rwhp based on the information I've gotten from vendors on that site... thats a great hp/weight ratio..lol.. my wife is going to love it :D