HybridZ

New Photo of the Z car doing a Wheelie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can keep the front end on the ground by tightening the limiters on the front end. The car is very consistent. On a normal pass the car picks the frontwheels up about 6" to 12" and is very consistent.Thanks Jerry

For us ingorant folks, please explain the "tightening the limiters" statement.

Thanks

Jeff

For us ingorant folks, please explain the "tightening the limiters" statement.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff, we use limiters on the front end to limit the travel of the upward motion. The travel was set at 3" that day,when we ran at PINKS ALL OUT we cut the travel in half to 1.5" this keeps the front end down and only picks the tires up 6" to 8" or less . Jerry

When we go to SEZ/DNI we always bring (2) CV axles, (2) stub axles and a center chuck ( ring gear and pinion) a alot more spare parts. Jerry

what is the difference between the stub and cv axles. Im pretty sure the older Zs used the axles where you bolt it to the diff, and bolt it to the wheel, unlike my 89 clsd when it has a input shaft and bolts to the hub?

what is the difference between the stub and cv axles. Im pretty sure the older Zs used the axles where you bolt it to the diff, and bolt it to the wheel, unlike my 89 clsd when it has a input shaft and bolts to the hub?

Charlie, this is a 1976 280Z with a 1973 front end, it came with a R200 rearend with ujoint style haftshafts, the R180 use a bolt through the haftshaft yoke . After using this setup for several years we upgraded to 300ZX Turbo CV axles after talking with other Hybrid Z owners ( Thanks to ZGAD, RIP/True soldier, and Paul Korsen)and purchased the stub axle flange adapters from Modern Motorsports.After doing this we have had no axle falures.Jerry

ok cool, im getting a 76 soon(for my l28et), I have set of 85 turbo halfshafts. is your diff welded? or some kind of different lsd

so you have this?

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_45&products_id=46

ive heard of people breaking halfshafts on the z31 forums, maybe its just because some are old I dont know. the N/A shafts I believe are weaker, that may be it. im using 89 turbo halfshafts.

I see your in Columbia, have you been to midland dragstrip, its overpriced and looks like a really old strip, I went once and ran a 8.89 in the 8th, some blue 240z was there running a 8.9 with a 350sbc, just wondering if you know him. or if you've been there. im near charlotte.

ok cool, im getting a 76 soon(for my l28et), I have set of 85 turbo halfshafts. is your diff welded? or some kind of different lsd

so you have this?

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_45&products_id=46

ive heard of people breaking halfshafts on the z31 forums, maybe its just because some are old I dont know. the N/A shafts I believe are weaker, that may be it. im using 89 turbo halfshafts.

I see your in Columbia, have you been to midland dragstrip, its overpriced and looks like a really old strip, I went once and ran a 8.89 in the 8th, some blue 240z was there running a 8.9 with a 350sbc, just wondering if you know him. or if you've been there. im near charlotte.

We run a Lincoln locker, it is welded.Jerry

Could you by chance post up a couple shots your rear suspension Jerry? i've been interested in seeing your bump stop setup and tire clearance.

what tires are you on, 28x9-15 MT ET slicks if i recall right?

We are running 28X9 MT Slicks, If you go to members gallery ther is a picture of the rearend,but you can not see the bump stops ( limiters). PM me and I will give you some more info. Jerry