HybridZ

YAY! Got to drive the Z today!

I got my 240z to start up today after trying some failed attempts to push start it, then finally just jumping the starter with a screwdriver.

I drove it down my street, down to the lake and back. It seemed that it wasn't very responsive. Stopped gaining speed in upper RPMs but continued to rev higher, then I'd shift and it'd start picking up again. Weird. I'm not too concerned, gonna replace the engine anyways.

The headlights won't turn on. The blinkers were working but then stopped. If i turned them on and pushed the brake in, the blinker would stay on, but not blink. If I released the pedal, it went back off. Ground Maybe?

For anybody that followed my thread about the ignition problem, could this be related?

Anyways, driving it still made me happy. I'll be replacing the floor boards soon. Then i'll be about ready to start on replacing the interior and painting the car. Then comes the engine. :rolleyes::mrgreen:

I have cleaned the ground wire that goes into the fender in the engine bay. Where are all of the others located?

M1noel - Kim at Idaho Z has told me about your Z. I have ALWAYS wanted to see it. His Chevy 350 240z is my favorite around here so far. Maybe you could help me with the L28 swap when it is time. I'd love some help, and I'd love even more to meet some great Z enthusiasts.