HybridZ

V8 swap in a super clean 72?

do you care if its original? Maybe a few years from now many more people will value stock all original Z cars as we can see dumbass prices for the cars on ebay now.

If the numbers match and most things in the car look 1972 original, then keep it stock if you value stock. If you don't, take out the l24 and swap a very nice clean v8 and leave all the original engine equipment laying stored somewhere.

or.... you can just buy another z for a swap.

Hmm, that Z is very very nice. Its kind of hard to decide. On one hand you got it for disgustingly cheap, which makes selling it appealing to bank a few thousand dollars. And on the other hand, you got an uber cheap Z thats in really good shape that has a very solid frame, it would be a sweet candidate for a V8, seeing how if you get the V8 in there lookin clean, your not sitting there like "hmm, the car is fast but looks half assed on the outside, lets do the outside." I am going for the Look original on the outside (besides the air dam, BRE Spoiler, and rims/tires) But under the hood. LS1 baby

The pics that have been posted thus far don't tell that much about the REAL condition of the car. You don't have a LOT of Z familiarity, as a new owner, so you aren't focusing on notorious weak spots on early Z cars. This makes it difficult to get accurate assessments from some of the very knowledgeable members here who might look at this thread and offer their comments.

Your question has been posed here several times before [e.g. the notorious "Chicken Coop" Z]. The bulk of the active members here belong because it is a community FOUNDED on modifying Z cars to varying degrees. The classic Z car site members will definitely tell you to keep it stock and/or sell it to someone else who will 'cherish it' as is. The majority of people here are comfortable with the notion of "raping" their Zs to make it THEIR personal expression.

IF it is REALLY that superclean, you are technically devaluing[?] it with even subtle mods like sound system, etc. There are plenty of decent project cars out there if a hybrid is what you seek, and many of them might already have the hard work done, and the seller is willing to eat alot of their investment just to clear it out.

I also agree that prices on eBay can often get 'silly'; but, what is 'trash' to one is 'treasure' to another so it's all fair, I suppose. No one holds a gun to the eBay buyer's head making them bid crazy dollars on an item. I have sold tools and things for well above full retail, so I can only assume that the buyer couldn't get the item locally...but, I digress.

The bottomline to your question is: What is it that YOU want out of a Z car? Base your decision on what to do with this car on your answer... Good luck.

The pics that have been posted thus far don't tell that much about the REAL condition of the car. You don't have a LOT of Z familiarity, as a new owner, so you aren't focusing on notorious weak spots on early Z cars. This makes it difficult to get accurate assessments from some of the very knowledgeable members here who might look at this thread and offer their comments.

What are the notorious weak spots?

floor panels,battery tray, spare tire well, rockers, .... I guess Ill search a bit more. hmmm.....

The pics that have been posted thus far don't tell that much about the REAL condition of the car. You don't have a LOT of Z familiarity' date=' as a new owner, so you aren't focusing on notorious weak spots on early Z cars. This makes it difficult to get accurate assessments from some of the very knowledgeable members here who might look at this thread and offer their comments.

What are the notorious weak spots?

floor panels,battery tray, spare tire well, rockers, .... I guess Ill search a bit more. hmmm.....[/quote']

ok searched and searched...found nothing new, just everyone warning about rust and front valance repairs. ??