HybridZ

Ebay Diff R180 LSD, decent price but looks odd.

BillZ260

Feel dumb for posting this, please delete, I'll read up alot more next time I start brousing Ebay...

States it's an R180 Clutch type LSD but comparing it to Cyrus's exellent Sticky above, it looks like an R200 with a slightly different rear cover than in the sticky thread.

I'm looking for an LSD 180 that I can do a simple bolt in swap, and since I' don't plan on putting huge tires on the car any time soon, I think the 180 should hold up to daily driving.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-89-94-240sx-Cusco-LSD-CLUTCH-TYPE-4-08-1-R180_W0QQitemZ130192523276QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130192523276

This one looks like a much better deal...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SILVIA-S13-VLSD-NISMO-4-4-1-w-axles-240SX-S13-R200_W0QQitemZ170187118802QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170187118802#ebayphotohosting

It is a R180 short nose from a 180sx. Not sure if the LSD would fit a Long nose R180. If possible I would love to use a 4.10 Nissan truck gears with this type of LSD in my r180 long case. Probably will not all work together cause that would be too easy. Unfortunately I do not have all the parts sitting in front of me to check out. Maybe some one else here has tried it or can explain why it wouldn't work.

I am thinking the ring gear and LSD just might move over to the R180 long nose.

No! You NEVER want to swap the ring gear with another diff, even if they're the same ratio. The LSD may very well swap, but you should use the original ring gear.

I am aware that the ring gears in the R180's changed in the mid 70's, but I'm not aware of any other changes to the ring gears after that. As long as the ID of the ring gears is the same it should work. Might have to bush the bolts if they had a 10mm to 12mm bolt size switch or something similar like the R200's did.

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding on that one is that the output splines in the LSD are different than what the Z's came with. If you search you should find the right answer, but I think it's a no-go unless you came up with a CV shaft that used the Subaru inner CV and some outer that could be adapted to the stub axle.

Just FYI, I received confirmation from CALMINI Nissan that they do have them in stock @ $549.95. See email responce below.

"Sir-

We are currently good in stock on the NP35111. Please call the sales office if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for your interest in the CALMINI Nissan line.

Best Regards,

CALMINI Products Mfg. Inc.

Sales Department

P: 800.345.3305

T: 661.398.9500

F: 661.398.9555

http://www.calmini.com

Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 10:02 AM

To: SALES@CALMINI.COM

Subject: NP35111 in stock?

Do you all have these in stock? I’ve heard that demand has exceeded supply from other vendors!

Thanks.