HybridZ

Holy cheap starter batman!!!

mario_82_ZXT

Has anyone used this starter?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=WWA&MfrPartNumber=16209&PartType=123&PTSet=A'>http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=WWA&MfrPartNumber=16209&PartType=123&PTSet=A

(http://www.partsamerica.com part number 16209 if the link doesn't work)

It's a remanufactured starter for $17 with a limited lifetime replacement warranty. Anyone try it? For the price I wouldn't mine the occasional inconvenience of replacing it if it's free...

My gear reduction one has finally died (seems like a short) and the cheapest gear reduction ones are $70.

Mario

Mario: Link works for me but starter is listed as $34.98 plus ten buck core charge. I wonder if it's cheaper in Ariz (I'm in Florida) Still cheap but am I misssing something? I use stuff from Advanced all the time (not on the race car) and have ordered from them plenty (not a starter though) Get here super fast, no screw ups so far. Advanced is the main auto parts places around here. Bought out Discount.

The price will vary by market, PartsAmerica sets their own prices. They're only partnered with Checker/Schucks/Kragen to provide online sales and a way to buy online and pickup in store for certain items.

You should be able to take a print out of that page with you into the store and they can order you that exact starter for that price. That way, you can save on shipping, as CSK dosen't charge freight for orders picked up in store. They won't be able to price match to that for any of the Autolite or OE Quality brand starters they have in stock, it can only be done for the exact same part # as shown online.

For $17 I would not expect it to last for ever.

doesn't mean it's "cheap" tho. Just inexpensive.

I finally got tired of the gear reduction starters crapping out so I went to an ol' skool starter. All my starter problems are fixed and have been for a long time.

ol' skool for me.

I say get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha!

First one was DOA. Gotta wait 3 days for another.

They cross ref the part to the $32 Autolite at the store. It comes out to $30 WITH the core charge. $20 after. If the next one is DOA, I'm getting my original one rebuilt locally...

Maybe I should print a PDF of the page out so that others can get this deal too... (if I get a working one).

Mario