HybridZ

Bents Rear Suspension Problem?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yes I have a 77 280Z stock R200 underneath, rear end has seen lots of torque and hard launches. The halfshafts are in great shape, everything visually seems fine. But is you look at the car from the rear both rear tires have excessive positive camber, and excessive toe "in" the right a little more than the left. The camber I believe is directly related to ride height so coil-over would fix that I presume, but what would cause the toe in problem.

Also be aware that the Z right rears had some extra toe built in from the factory to help with the forces at work under power. I agree with Mike C and if you don't have the Urethane bushing I would do a master kit. The lower control arm inner and out bushings usually sieze or get excessive play. Also check the upper mount?? burnout.gifcheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Also be aware that the Z right rears had some extra toe built in from the factory to help with the forces at work under power.

Are you sure about that? The right and left control arms are interchangeable, and I don't think that they built any extra toe into the hubs. The rear toe needs to be balanced right to left, or the car will dog-track.

To answer the question about which bushings to replace - the ones on the rear suspension. All of them. Sounds like a smart-ass answer, but it is the answer nonetheless. As others have mentioned, I'd just get the master kit and do the whole thing. If the rears are shot, the rest probably are, too.