My Project z32 Swap 71/93

new40z

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi there new40z

Do you have a detailed write up on the work you have done to your Z? I really like the job you have done on the suspension. I think it would work out great to do that on my Vela Rosa project. Access to any pics and or write ups would be very helpful.

Thanks

Chris

At some point soon I will post more pic's. I'm currently in Illinoise and haven't been home to see my car since X-mas:icon_frow--- the end of may is looking good for some r&r. I got a new camera recently so I'm sure I'll take a bunch of pictures to post.

I'm glad you like it.

John

• 2 weeks later...

:burnout:Hooray! I got my airline tix and I'm headed home! I'm finally going to get to see my cars again. --- After 4 months driving a Dodge truck I cant wait to get into a performance car. I'll be headed to the MSA West Coast Nationals show on Friday. This will be the first time my project new40z/z32 has been out in public. It's not really complete but I dont care, I've been away too long. I hope to see some of you there. I would imagine I'll be in the 240z modified section. Please say hello if your there.

John P.

I am totally drop jawed amazed! I own a 93 Z32 'vert and a 77 280Z and would have been willing to bet serious money that there was no way the Z32 dash would go into an S30. There is a huge difference in the widths of the two cars but I guess more so with the exterior than the interior?

Gorgeous work. I'm completely green with envy at the craftsmanship.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Tyson ---no I havn't been to any CVZ meets lately. I spent most of the summer in PA and now I'm in Wyoming until the new year. I should be home for a bit at Xmas then hopefully I'll have some time off in Jan. so maybe a meet will be in order (keeping my finger crossed) sorry to hear your cars in jail-my sympathies- To answer your question, yes I did do all the work myself. with the exception of the final paint and color sand, I did do the sheet metal and bodywork but learned that the pros are much quicker at it.

John P

• 3 weeks later...

I'm headed home to Bakersfield for X mas (currently delayed in the Denver airport) but hopefully I'll make it home tonight.

Cant wait to see my cars, its been 3 months. I Should be home long enough this time to get started on my interior, I've purchased some carpet, some fake leather some glue and some sizzors ( How hard can it be --- right? ) so wish me luck.

Merry Xmas Everybody!

John P.

• 2 months later...