HybridZ

NPR intercooler

...but cleaner. It will fit. Depending on how you want it to fit. If you space it away from your radiator support a few inches the pipes almost line-up. It is too tall to fit inside the recess of the radiator support without cutting the bottom tube row off and shortening the side tanks.

My plan is to mock it up and see if my fabricator (my brother) wants to cut it so that it fits tightly inside the radiator support and adjust the in and out pipes to line up by adding and cutting pipe thru the fresh air duct holes in the rad. support.

If he is unwilling to cut it or does not have the time, I'll probably sell it and go the same route as 240Hoke and use a Treadstone style available on eBay. I just PM'd Austin about his intercooler a few days ago and he sent me here: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/product_info.php?cPath=7&products_id=208&osCsid=5c934bf61c1fc72e83b839668f599da0

I'll wait and see before I spend any $ on another intercooler. I am almost sure the NPR will work for me.

Anyone else got an NPR? What did you do to make it fit. Pictures would be helpful.

Tried searching, came up with nothing, surprisingly. Anyhow, I'm looking online at a 2000 NPR intercooler, just wanna make sure it'll work in my S30.

292b_1.jpg

I'm using that exact intercooler in my S30. It has worked surprising well. I bought it when my budget was more limited with plans to upgrade in the future. So far I haven't determined that a more modern design would net me significant gains. I have punished it on the dyno and it doesn't seem to ever heat soak. I don't have thermocouples but the coolside tank is always much cooler to the touch than the hotside. My guess is that it has a bit more pressure drop than the newer designs. The only major modification was to the outlet. I cut and welded the pipe so it goes straight out vs a 90 deg turn.

I'm actually thinking of getting an I/C where the inlet and outlet are on the same side; less plumbing should translate to quicker response, right?

In most cases, there is no noticible difference in using longer piping, especially when it's only by a few feet.

Any noticed difference will come from the intake tract being too restrictive to start with.