HybridZ

Got into car accident Yesterday

wickiewicked240z

well yesterday i was leaving my uncles house. Got on the 605 freeway when I saw to cars crash into each other.I was about 2 or 3 car lenghts behind on the left and they were on the right of me. when one of them swerve on to my lane going 65mph i manage to turn to the left hitting the side of my car doing a 180 on to the carpool lane facing oncoming traffic. That was some scarry sh!t..both air bags deploid.

So could this be repair by the insurance or are they going to call it a total loss. I don't want to be driving a car that has a bent body.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_001.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_002.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_003.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_004.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_005.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_007.JPG

I'm no insurance expert but if the cost of repairing the vehicle exceeds the value of the car, then the insurance company will considering it a "total loss." Since your Honda looks to be a late 90's car and the damage is pretty extensive, the insurance company will probably consider it a "total loss."

I hope your okay and glad your to the point you can type about it. Good thing it wasn't the Z.

I say they will try to fix it. I've heard, that if both air bags deploy they will total it. That may be a rummor though. Get detailed pictures and make notes on what is messed up other than the obvious.

If anything was broke before the accident blame it on this accident. You deserve something for your trouble.

I had a motor mount from a wreck that I saw was bad. I scribed a big X in it and sure enough they didn't fix it. When i went to pick up the car it was still on. I pitched a fit and they replaced it.

Looking back I would have marked more parts and took better pics. I traded it in not to much longer after that. I know that feeling your describing.

Good luck, and at least your alive.

Hi Wick,

Wow. That looks very bad ... glad that you were not in the Z when this happened. I hope that you are doing alright. I am almost certain that the insurance company is going to total it. I recently got into an accident that would cost about $3,600 to fix and the value of the car was around $5,000. The insurance company decided to total it. I bought it back for $800 and fix it myself for around $200 (ugly but drivable). Remember, you can always bargain with the insurance company for just about anything. Let us know how this turns out.

Huy