HybridZ

Need factory part number of crossmember / struts, Pretty Please with sugar on top!!!!

Hey all,

I'm in the middle of tearing my suspension off my 71 240Z, what time is better than now to up grade to the 280z crossmember, struts, and steering rack.

Any chance someone might have the factory part numbers for a 280z crossmember and struts?????

Please!!!

Pretty please!!!!

As I get farther in to it, I will post some pic's of my upgrades and mod's for you all to check out.

Thanks again all for making this form the best of the best!!!

Pete

240ZTT,

Hey there...

My understanding from several other members is that the crossbrace is stronger, the strut tubes are slightly larger, the lower suspension arms are stiffer / thicker on teh 280Z as opposed to the 240Z.

My cross member lower arm mounting holes are elongated, and my struts inserts are frozen. So I figure I will replace everything with that of the 280Z. Steering rack as well.

The upgrades I speak of are coil overs, camber plates, 5 lug hubs all 4 corners, 6 piston calipers up front, disc out back, cv's as well.

I have a potential source for new factory crossmembers and struts from a 280Z so I need to confim the factory part number for the 280z parts before I drop the cash.

Thanks,

Pete

My understanding from several other members is that the crossbrace is stronger, the strut tubes are slightly larger, the lower suspension arms are stiffer / thicker on teh 280Z as opposed to the 240Z.

I read through your other posts no one else said what you stated above. You must have been on another forum.. :icon53:

Are you talking about the front engine cross member instead of crossbrace?

JohnC asked it them already:

You need the 280Z crossmember, the 280Z steering rack, and the 280Z rack bushings. All are a bolt-in.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129413

Why do you feel you need to upgrade the strength (stiffen) the front struts?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=129573 You didn't even answer him.

My cross member lower arm mounting holes are elongated, and my struts inserts are frozen. So I figure I will replace everything with that of the 280Z. Steering rack as well.

Elongated what happened a picture would help? How are the inserts frozen do you mean the gland nut will not come off?

I have a potential source for new factory crossmembers and struts from a 280Z so I need to confim the factory part number for the 280z parts before I drop the cash.

Post what part numbers you have?

I think you need to clear up more of what you have and see if what you have can be fixed first. Agree?