HybridZ

Fiberglass molds on e-Bay

ArnZ

Title: Condition: s.gif

s.gifs.gif

Description

These are a few of a set of fiberglass molds that I have.These are for the datsun 240Z. The ones shown in the pictures are(1 stock hood,1 cowl inducted(raised), and the inside for both.Here is a list of the rest of the molds(front fenders l/r, california wide body front fenders l/r,california wide body rear fenders l/r,2 differant front air dams,1 rear spoiler,1 california whale tale, I think I have a front air dam for the 280zx,there are some side skirts, I know i've got some other ones.These molds are all SCCA approved,well they were.This is really business,with money to be made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fiberglass-molds-datsun-240Zbody-parts-racihg-body-part_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQihZ018QQitemZ280199398133QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

He's about two hours away from me so I asked him to send me more pictures. We'll see if he respoinds. If the molds are in good shape, which I believe is doubtful, then I might buy them just because it's a shame to see them go to waste.

The stock hood mold looks nice.

5862_1.JPG

But the cowl induction mold looks really beat up and I like how the flange just ends before it steps up on to the cowl. I guess after you cast the part you trim the cowl to shape. Not ideal.

775b_1.JPG

Jeff, let me know if you go any further with this.

I might be able to help out with cost in return for trying to make a set of fenders.

No problem Tom, I'll let you know but he hasn't responded to my questions yet so I won't be bidding right now but it doesn't look like anyone else is either. I would love to see what else he has and what kind of shape those molds are in.

I think these are the AZ Zcar molds.

If they are, my old boss went to go look at them way back when they were selling them. He said a lot were damaged from being outside and in the rain. He said that what AZ Zcar was asking was way too much, and that he doubted most could be used...

Just an FYI...

Mario