HybridZ

FP Car Fabrication

fp280z

Just wanted to say thanks to all the folks on this forum for all the great ideas on here. I used the search function extensively over the past month in a half while doing some major work on my autocross car. There was so much good information and opinions on this board that I didn't even have to post any additional questions.

For those searching, some topics I covered were seam and/or stitch welding, firewall patching, strut tower bars and bracing, the Arizona Z Car cast aluminum oil pan (yes, you do need the ZX pickup), and all types of good gauge info including all the necessary adapters for our old L6's.

You can check out my progress here:

http://www.typeischeap.com/new.html

Motor, hopefully, goes in this weekend! Thanks again!

-Rick

Thanks guys. Jon, you reminded me that I forgot to mention another contentious mod that I did during the project...slotting the crossmember pickup points!

Also, I built a lower panel for more gauges and will be installing a wide-band and fuel pressure gauge below the pod that's already there. Plus, I performed an "alternator downgrade" using a smaller Toyota AE86 alternator instead of the more common ZX or GM 10si/12si units.

Pics of the new stuff will be up soon...

-Rick