HybridZ

LS1 plugwires w/ JTR headers

I must be ignorant as I can find though searching what plugwires fit with the JTR headers on the LS1. All I could find is a comment that 90's Mustang plugwires have 45 end on it. Well I bought a set thinking I could shorten them but the coil end had a tiny boot that does not fit the coil. Several of the fbody straight plugwires touch the header and are going to melt fast. So what are you guys using for plugwires that fit the JTR header?

Thanks

Cameron

neweraperformanceparts.com [it's where i purchased my msd wires, fit just fine on my 012 ls1 w/sanderson headers].

But wires for what - obviously the LS1 wires dont work? Several of my wires are touching hard against the tubes .. and beyond the metal sleeve. In other words I'm header to rubber with very hard rubs. Those socks are expensive and IMO just a bandaide that will wearout. I need 45 degree plugwires instead of straight fbody ones to fix the problem. I know they make them just can't figure out which ones to get like what part number or what car they come from. Like I said above JTR stated Mustang ones work but they dont. With so many people running the JTR / LS1 headers I cant believe nobody has found the right plugwires to use?

rwwisnesky - are your Trans-Am boots straight or angled? My '02 Z28 wires are straight and hit the JTR headers very hard.

Thanks

Cameron

so the msd wire are clear of the headers?

all but one of mine clear just fine. for the one that was close [left or driver side] i reused the aluminum insulator from the stock plug wires. otherwise the msd wires worked great and they aren't too expensive and mike at new era performance keeps them in stock.